Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SalvageFUBAR

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I suck at anything that ain’t an engine.

1991 k1500
10in drums

I’ve had a weird squeak come up immediately after filling my tire with air (I know how stupid that sounds.) can not tell if it is from the front or rear because of how loud it is. All I can say if every revolution of the tire it squeaks for about a quarter of it. Worst part is I jack it up and play with it I can not replicate it. I know I need a front end job (including control arms bushings brakes the whole 9 yards) but as far as I can tell it’s not a bearing. I am at a loss on this. I swallowed my pride and took it to the mechanic and he couldn’t even figure it out. Please someone give me a list of **** to check.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front brakes: Rotor rubbing on the dust-shield, especially with a failing wheel hub bearing.

Rear brakes: Drums out-of-round

Either front or rear hub caps or trim-rings not properly secured.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Another could be the tire rubbing against an upper control arm due to worn ball joints and/or wheel bearings. Especially if its got a cheap crank lift kit