Update. Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It does. Thanks!! That sounds alot easier and cleaner than what I was thinking about doing. I was trying to figure out something using a ubolt.

You bet! Glad I could help. I would love to see some pictures when you get a rack done!

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've thought about the LED light bars, but haven't quite been in love with them yet. I'm 30, and still a bit old school. Although I have 5k HIDs in the headlights, and am considering adding a couple more lights to the roof rack, and converting them to HIDs as well. And I would also like to run the LED front park lights, and rear tails. I did LED interior, and license plate lights, and I'm satisfied with them. A buddy of mine had an old TBI base in his garage, so I just did the ultimate TBI mod, and rebuilt the TBI today. I also pulled the EGR, and cleaned it while I was at it, considering I kept getting an intermediate EGR code. I didn't notice a ton of difference, however the truck has much better throttle response now, and seems to run smoother. It also fires really quickly when cranked, so all in all I'm satisfied. I also took it for a run on the freeway, and didn't get an EGR code. So far so good!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've thought about the LED light bars, but haven't quite been in love with them yet. I'm 30, and still a bit old school. Although I have 5k HIDs in the headlights, and am considering adding a couple more lights to the roof rack, and converting them to HIDs as well. And I would also like to run the LED front park lights, and rear tails. I did LED interior, and license plate lights, and I'm satisfied with them. A buddy of mine had an old TBI base in his garage, so I just did the ultimate TBI mod, and rebuilt the TBI today. I also pulled the EGR, and cleaned it while I was at it, considering I kept getting an intermediate EGR code. I didn't notice a ton of difference, however the truck has much better throttle response now, and seems to run smoother. It also fires really quickly when cranked, so all in all I'm satisfied. I also took it for a run on the freeway, and didn't get an EGR code. So far so good!
The led bars and lights are so much better than the old style offroad lights they're not even really comparable.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The led bars and lights are so much better than the old style offroad lights they're not even really comparable.

I think it's more of a looks thing for me. Everyone says I'm crazy, and everyone seems to like them. And it's not that I dislike them, they just aren't my style. But that could change, too

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I think it's more of a looks thing for me. Everyone says I'm crazy, and everyone seems to like them. And it's not that I dislike them, they just aren't my style. But that could change, too
Just hide them! Haha
You must be registered for see images
barely noticeable when they're off

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just hide them! Haha
You must be registered for see images
barely noticeable when they're off

That looks really clean, man. I like how you did that. I have a bull bar that I will be throwing on soon, and maybe I will try an LED strip on it to see how I like it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That looks really clean, man. I like how you did that. I have a bull bar that I will be throwing on soon, and maybe I will try an LED strip on it to see how I like it.
Thanks. If you can get passed the looks I think you'll really like it.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Results are in for "ultimate tbi mods"... In fuel economy I gained... Nothing! Still at 12.27 mpg. But I have noticed better throttle response, and less downshifting on inclines. Not a total bust.

Had to replace my heater control valve last week, due to leakage. But other than that, not much to update. Although I did find some original pictures of the Yukon, from the day I bought it
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach