Front end rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Complete control arms don't include Polyurethane bushings, which would be my preference (most of the time.)
2. There's essentially zero issue with replacing control arm bushings when you install Poly bushing inserts instead of bonded rubber bushings. Poly bushing inserts are enormously easier to install than bonded rubber OEM-style bushings, and that goes double for D-I-Y work.
3. I would not spend money for tie rod sleeves. The ones you have will be fine once you've got the old tie rods out of them. Anti-seize is your friend.
4. Center link and sway-bar don't need to be replaced unless they're damaged (in a collision, for example.)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1. Complete control arms don't include Polyurethane bushings, which would be my preference (most of the time.)
2. There's essentially zero issue with replacing control arm bushings when you install Poly bushing inserts instead of bonded rubber bushings. Poly bushing inserts are enormously easier to install than bonded rubber OEM-style bushings, and that goes double for D-I-Y work.
3. I would not spend money for tie rod sleeves. The ones you have will be fine once you've got the old tie rods out of them. Anti-seize is your friend.
4. Center link and sway-bar don't need to be replaced unless they're damaged (in a collision, for example.)
The one reason I would consider tie rod sleeves is based a little bit in laziness. They're really inexpensive (unless you get fancy) - and they'll let you pre-assemble your new tie rods and match the overall length very closely to your originals, maintaining something close to a reasonable toe-in for the trip to the alignment shop. Then again, if everything is getting replaced, it might be best to tow it there instead..

Richard