Front end rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2650

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on the Timbren front bump stop?
Very heavy duty but very heavy duty is what we need when we get the truck bucking on a wild ride.
I have Timbrens on the rear of my 2000 Escalade and they reduce sway on hard turns.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO, complete arms instead of ball joints and bushings and the additional labor. You have the axles completely exposed and if original, they may not be bad but have all those miles on them now. I did my 2005 Tahoe with all that you have listed and used all GM parts. Love the feel. When get aligned, please post a pic of the after readings.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s been forever since I’ve done one but is it still worth it to repack and reboot cv’s anymore?

I second the complete control arm advise. Unless your bushings are just in really great shape. Replacing bushings can easily get the better of you.

arambis

Reaction score
I almost did purchase the complete control arms but instead I called my local shop and he said he could remove the old bushings and press in the new ones on the uppers and lowers all for $45 if I just dropped them off. I just ordered bushings separate and plan on just having him mess with them. Also I'm picking up a set of forged lower control arms from my local junkyard to swap out my welded ones.

arambis

Reaction score
Also went ahead and bought some GSP heavy duty cv axles to replace mine. As far as I'm aware my current steering box is good so I'm going to hold off on it, but when I do replace it, I'm going to buy a red head and delete the rag joint.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d give a shout out to Kryptonite. I’ve heard rumors they are developing a new idler bracket. I was lucky to get one of these before they were discontinued.
You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I almost did purchase the complete control arms but instead I called my local shop and he said he could remove the old bushings and press in the new ones on the uppers and lowers all for $45 if I just dropped them off. I just ordered bushings separate and plan on just having him mess with them. Also I'm picking up a set of forged lower control arms from my local junkyard to swap out my welded ones.
$45 each or for all? I have done a crap load of bushing replacements and ball joint replacements and that arm can take a beating getting it all out and in but been a while and the new equipment for the swap may be less stressful for the arms. Big hammers involved anyway.

arambis

Reaction score
I’d give a shout out to Kryptonite. I’ve heard rumors they are developing a new idler bracket. I was lucky to get one of these before they were discontinued.
You must be registered for see images attach
Id love to buy some kryptonite parts but they're just outside of my price budget, seems like proforged are the next best ones compared to the supersteers and at not a terrible price, until kryptonite makes one as you said that is.

arambis

Reaction score
$45 each or for all? I have done a crap load of bushing replacements and ball joint replacements and that arm can take a beating getting it all out and in but been a while and the new equipment for the swap may be less stressful for the arms. Big hammers involved anyway.
$45 for all 4, which I feel will probably increase, he confidently said with their tools it will only take them 30 minutes. I assume it will at least take them an hour which they charge 90 per hour and even then I would still be doing good pricewise, but we'll see.