ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well... back from vacation. I got in the truck after it sat for a couple of days. No Check Engine light. After driving for 20 minutes, it came back on. I haven't gone out to the truck since I parked last night, so I'm not sure if still on, but I doubt it is.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Sure, honestly this doesn't make much difference at all. Only improvement I noticed was I can maintain speed on an incline easier. Definitely not what it's hyped up to be, just thought I would let you know. You will need a volt meter to re adjust the tps after to proper specs. If you don't you will idle to high, at least that's what I ran into. My tps is fully adjustable but I'm sure I read somewhere that some are not.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed a little better response, but the TBI also hadn't been cleaned in some time. And I did this around the same time as a new rotor, cap, and plugs.

I do enjoy driving this truck, though. Aside from the phantom Check Engine light, that comes on and goes off whenever it feels like. LOL

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Oh, yea I had the check engine light come on and idle would jump up to 1000 at lights along with horrible shift points. I had code 22, low tps signal voltage. I replaced my tps tonight and drove it around for 40mins with no problems. Just run your codes it takes about 3 mins total including finding a paper clip.
I think the performance increase people claim come from the cleaning of the tbi to be honest. I did the throttle blade shave, horn delete and pod spacer. I already was running a nice clean tbi before I got one to mod from the jy.

94stepside

Reaction score
The MAP, EGR sensors, and the ESC (electronic spark control) are located on a bracket next to the TB (pass side). The MAP and EGR sensors are the smaller boxes with the vacuum tubes. The ESC is the larger flat box. Both can be re-located easily. I separated the sensors from the bracket and mounted them to the fire wall.
MAP sensor on right EGR sensor on left.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ESC bracket removed and ziptied to wireing harness.
if the egr is blocked off can the solenoid also be eliminated?