Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Whipple it or no? Complete kit. Local. $1500.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Really don't want to LS swap. I mean if everything isn't right about this Whipple I really don't want to mess with it. It's really up in the air.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yes it is. There's a lot of questions that need to be asked and answered.

Tyler/T-Unit

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Whipple it or no? Complete kit. Local. $1500.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I would, it'll freshen it up, make it exciting to drive again. And it's probably a great fit for what you do with the truck.

If it poops, Vortec 5.7's are cheap, and already fit your truck lol.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Honestly if it were me I'd secure the kit and then do the research, I mean; how often does an entire Whipple set-up come across your local craigslist?

FSC had a few threads on super-charged Vortec motors a while back; at least I believed that's what was being discussed. Regret not reading up more on them. Nifty little things.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
The old Whipples, like for our trucks, are Eaton units. Great throttle response, huge boost ot low end and mid range, ultimately boost limited and rpm limited.

But for a truck, nearly perfect.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Honestly if it were me I'd secure the kit and then do the research, I mean; how often does an entire Whipple set-up come across your local craigslist?

FSC had a few threads on super-charged Vortec motors a while back; at least I believed that's what was being discussed. Regret not reading up more on them. Nifty little things.
Yeah but then I've got money just laying around. It might be a bit before it actually becomes available. I can at least make sure all the parts are there. If I can get all my bills caught up and get some money saved I'll probably go for it.
The old Whipples, like for our trucks, are Eaton units. Great throttle response, huge boost ot low end and mid range, ultimately boost limited and rpm limited.

But for a truck, nearly perfect.
I won't be running huge boost on the current engine setup. Too many miles. Maybe 4 psi. When she pops I'll decide on a rebuild with boost, boosted 383, or 4bt. I don't have the space right now to blow **** up. So if I buy it, it'll hang out for awhile before it goes on.

Tyler/T-Unit