Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'll have them once it's on. I just got it last night

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's on. Original hardware wasn't included so the custom stuff I got with it wouldn't work with my stake pockets. I'll have to get hardware but it's mounted for the week with the clamps from my tonneau cover. It'll work for a couple days

Tyler/T-Unit

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

It's on. Original hardware wasn't included so the custom stuff I got with it wouldn't work with my stake pockets. I'll have to get hardware but it's mounted for the week with the clamps from my tonneau cover. It'll work for a couple days

Tyler/T-Unit
Looks good. Looking forward to daytime pics

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score

Tyler/T-Unit

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To mount it you just need 4 bolts/nuts/washers an a 2 plates. Drill a hole through the plate the size of the bolt. Weld the two bolts together at the heads. Drop them in the stake pocket, start the bottom nut after you put the plate on. Put the rack on an the threads through it an start the other nut.

That's how I did mine anyway an what the factory backrack mounts are. Don't waste your time contacting them to get parts, they will only sell the entire mount kit.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also the rack should be sitting inside the c channel not in front of it. I can get pictures of how mine is if you want.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Also the rack should be sitting inside the c channel not in front of it. I can get pictures of how mine is if you want.

Yes, the piece by the cab should be on top of the piece over the rails, and bolted through it.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
To mount it you just need 4 bolts/nuts/washers an a 2 plates. Drill a hole through the plate the size of the bolt. Weld the two bolts together at the heads. Drop them in the stake pocket, start the bottom nut after you put the plate on. Put the rack on an the threads through it an start the other nut.

That's how I did mine anyway an what the factory backrack mounts are. Don't waste your time contacting them to get parts, they will only sell the entire mount kit.

The c channel that bolts to the rails has slots in it already. I'm just gonna bolt it through the drain hole at the bottom of the stake pocket with some grade 8 stuff from the local hardware store. I won't be calling back rack for anything but mounts for a full size light bar when I get my firefighting certifications and can install emergency lighting. I'm also going to be buying another opt7 light bar and mounting it on the back for rear lighting for recovery and night time trail riding.
I realized this after I got it on the truck. It was starting to rain so I just quick mounted that one brace since it was not connected when I picked it up. I'll fix it if I get out of work at a decent hour. For now it'll ride.
Yes, the piece by the cab should be on top of the piece over the rails, and bolted through it.
It took me a solid ten minutes of walking around the truck and picking it apart to actually figure out that it was my mistake. The passenger side one was already attached when I bought it and the left one wasn't. When I originally saw the difference I thought the previous owner hacked off the rest of the c channel on the far side. I thought what a flimsy idea. Then I figured it out and realized I f'd up and :banghead:

Tyler/T-Unit

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The c channel that bolts to the rails has slots in it already. I'm just gonna bolt it through the drain hole at the bottom of the stake pocket with some grade 8 stuff from the local hardware store.

Tyler/T-Unit

I had to weld two bolts together because no one had one long enough. I bolted it through the hole at the bottom to an used the plate to give it extra support. If you look at the instructions for the back rack mounts for an 88-98 it had a drawing of the bolts. I guess you could use all thread to if you wanted but it's usually only grade 5. I wouldn't leave the plate on the bottom out, it will just bend the stake pocket when you tighten it up. Just my opinion though......

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I didn't get plates. It will be temporary until I get a toolbox. And those mounts will help keep it all in place.

Tyler/T-Unit