Tube doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
has anyone ever made tube doors for obs'? i was kinda thinking how it would look/work. but then again is it even possible in terms of structural rigidity?

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has anyone ever made tube doors for obs'? i was kinda thinking how it would look/work. but then again is it even possible in terms of structural rigidity?

Yes here are the ones I made from scratch.
You must be registered for see images attach

These are the brackets I fabbed for the hinges. They took longer than any other part getting them perfect.

They work great for leaning out of

I used a simple gate latch which latches right to the existing stock door stud. You can get them at any hardware store for 5 bucks and if they break just weld another one one. Mine are two years old and Ive only had to replace them once.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Nice tube doors.

The doors shouldn't be really providing any structure for the cab. I had a second set of doors I was going to make 1/2 doors out of for my truck, but due to the way the hinges are made on these trucks it would be a royal PITA to swap full doors and half or tube doors on and off all the time. I would only use them on a dedicated wheeler for sure.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well he said TUBE DOORS. what kind of tube door has anything other than tube? Yeah the only other option is a half door.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Well he said TUBE DOORS. what kind of tube door has anything other than tube? Yeah the only other option is a half door.
The OP was asking about how they would look and work. You obviously didn't read my response very closely.

"The doors shouldn't be really providing any structure for the cab. I had a second set of doors I was going to make 1/2 doors out of for my truck, but due to the way the hinges are made on these trucks it would be a royal PITA to swap full doors and half or tube doors on and off all the time. I would only use them on a dedicated wheeler for sure."

I was making a comment based on my experience of devising a 1/2 door (or anything other than a full door that is on the truck all the time) and how swapping them would be a PITA. They are something a little more permanent.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was refering to Vortec Lovers post not yours. I should have put it in quote but forgot. Then I agreed with what you were saying when I wrote "Yeah the only other option is a half door".

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
Yes here are the ones I made from scratch.

These are the brackets I fabbed for the hinges. They took longer than any other part getting them perfect.

frickin sweet man!