Dumb door hinge idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^finally, someone outside northeast NC and SE VA knows what a no-see-um is.
We got no-see-ums up in the north east too. Also, on Cape Cod and up on the north shore and into the NH beaches they got these flies called Greenhead Horse Flies. They are savages.
You must be registered for see images attach

What makes a Greenhead Fly bite hurt? The greenhead fly, just like the female mosquito, injects her saliva into your blood when she first bites you. This saliva contains a chemical that keeps your blood from clotting or beginning to scab. The pain is your body's reaction to this foreign chemical.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
We always called them “no-see-ums”. My little brother was constantly swarmed and ate up. They never bothered me :shrug:
That’s right. They’re called that in South Georgia too. I’d rather not see um at all! I’m sure the aquatic larvae play a very important food role in our ecosystem, but we could all do without the adults. The bane of any serious outdoorsman’s existence down here.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be an Okie, but I'm familiar with the screamin' mimis. The first time I went to Puerto Rico was on an Air Force TDY. I was hanging out on the beach at dusk, and suddenly started getting tore up. I hoofed it back to the hotel pool and the avionics guy looked at my back and said, "When they ask you your name, don't say Kunte Kinte!" I had probably twenty welts from those little basturds.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you lubricate the bushings on occasion and replace them as
soon as they start to sag you they will serve you forever. m Mine has 203,000 miles and the doors work as new. I got the truck 11 years ago and have changed the bushings twice for a grand total of less than $20.00. If you let the holes in the actual hinge wear and get egged out they can be a nightmare. If that happens you can replace the pins and bushings lift the rear of the door as high as it will go and weld the top of the upper hinge pin to the hinge. Don't get to crazy welding as you will need to grind the weld off to service in the future. I have been doing auto body for 50 years this year and would not take in a job to replace the whole hinge. Some jobs are like drugs just say no.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. back in the mid
Amen! If any of you fine folks don't know what a sand gnat is, be thankful. Imagine a swarming insect the size of a tiny speck of pepper that will chew into your skin. We're not talking mosquito piercing, we're talking razor-like mouthpart biting. And my poor son is allergic to their bite. He got eaten up from a little bitty boy all the way through high school playing football. Bug spray is a must in Coastal Georgia-North Florida, especially in spring-summer.
80s I worked in sarasota and miami and tampa and jacksonville.
Im from Seattle. We dont have any biting bugs or snakes other than misquitoes.
The night I turned 20 we were at a bar in west palm beach.
We had just been denied service at the bar in the friggen bowling alley because we werent wearing ties.
The bowling alley.
I walked outside to smoke and watch the lightning storm going off in the distance.
During one of the flashes I see that there is some type of historic marker.
So I all slack jawed and stupid stagger over to read the thing.
Flash!
On this site...
Flash!
In 17 something..
Flash!
And a bug that looked like some kind of a cockroach but it was about the size of my big toe took off and flew right into my mouth and halfway down my throat.
I could fell that thing buzzing in my throat.
Dinner was about a hundred bucks and the booze was about a hundred bucks and I have no idea how much they paid for the *******.
But I blew that damn bug out and everything I had eaten that night and everything I had eaten that week and that ******* bug was still alive.
We got 86ed out of that bar because I was stomping on my own puke to kill that damn bug.
I have no idea what that bug was.
The only thing that really bothers me is that I dont know what that historical marker in West Palm Beach has on it.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is another solution that I found...