Header question ( long tubes)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javlin42

Reaction score
I apologize if this isn't the right section.

But I've got a 95 Tahoe with the 6 2 LT1 swap and I'm wanting to put a set of long tubes on it. However my searches haven't turned up much information. I was told the long tubes for the 14-19 silverado will fit the 4x4 obs chevy, but I was looking at the LT swap headers for a square body, but they say it doesn't work with 4wd and I'm not sure why. I have a ton of room between the frame/exhaust and front drive shaft.

Anyone here have any experience with this before I just wing it and but a set and try it out?

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the first thing to find out is wether the exhaust ports on your engine are the same as the 99-06 LS engines. If they are then you can use the LS swap headers for a 88-98 Chevy truck application. I use speed engineering headers, I think they sell that application but you would have to check.

Javlin42

Reaction score
No the LT1/LT4 style have a different cylinder head/exhaust ports. But speed engineering sells a lt swap header but says it only fits c10 trucks up to 87. I ordered a set to try, hopefully I can make it work and it clear the front driveshaft. But I will update the thread with pictures and information after I try to fit them.