Hard start when warm 94 5.7l 3500 5speed just installed motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The squidward

Reaction score
My 94 has 350000 before engine give out I acquired another engine with187000 before installing g I gave it a complete tue up plug wire cap rotor oil sending unit temp sensor after the first attempt to rank discovered feul pump went out.bought a new one installed it runs great better the the other one ever did it gets to running tempafter I shut off and try to crank up again itacts like a vapor lock or flooding not sure which. Hold my foot to the floor and it does start to stumble and crank. Any pointers would be appreciated. Oh and I used my distributor cause there wasn't one In the replacement motor.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Proper punctuation, spacing, and sentence structure would be greatly appreciated. You are not sending some cell-phone text message to people you know well.

2. What is the fuel pressure at prime, AND under load?

3. Connect a scan tool, verify all the sensors and computer outputs; look for RPM when cranking.