Trouble choosing muffler/exhuast system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I'm really surprised a 50 series would drone that much especially in a v6. I'd think some of the drone would be minimized if the exhaust were run all the way back on a truck but it's good to have more confirmation that it definitely drones. I've been considering getting the super 50 series or 50 series HD for my truck in place of the 70 series big block but I just don't know

This was it, super 50 series 2.5"
http://m.flowmastermufflers.com/sea...ake=Array&year=&model=&submodel=&engine=&cat=

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYRz10Q_kVs&feature=youtu.be

Here is the video of my trucks exhaust of it right now. Don`t get me wrong, I love the sound it has right now when it is at 2500+ RPM. Just not loud enough though. Love the rumbly, deep sounding kind of exhaust. I am highly considering a glasspack because it gives that nice deep throaty sound. I am just trying to find a pack that is not terribly loud, and not as raspy as straight pipes. I am highly considering the magnaflow glasspack. *NOT the magnapak*. Also going to add a high flow cat probably. Single in- dual out system to be added.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I like the sound of a single 3" cat into a single 3" race bullet or glasspack then a y and dual tailpipes. Race bullets and glasspacks are basically the same thing, but traditional glasspacks use punched louvers into the tube and bullet style uses drilled holes and flow better. The louvers can actually create turbulence and flow worse than other mufflers.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a cherry bomb extream and its the same as the flow master 10 love the sound it droned when i didnt have tail pipes now that my pipes come out the passanger side before the wheel its a lot better.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright -- Final decision has been made; Getting Borla XR-1 (40085) 15x5 round case with 3 in/out. Getting two 45 cut, 18 long, non rolled polished SS tips to exit straight out the back. I wanted deep rumble round of the glasspack but no rasp/drone and definitely something of quality. XR-1 matched my needs perfectly.

I am going to just get muffler for now and get it on my charge account at work (GM dealership), and then the next paycheck after I will go to a shop (Sparwoods in Virden, MB) to get exhaust pipe and tips put on it.
I can post about it when I get it.