Trouble choosing muffler/exhuast system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I have true dual super 44s and they drone like a mother with no cats. Dynomax race bullets sound amazing. I'm switching to either bullets or dynomax ultra flows with high flow cats.

I've grown to hate my current setup
http://youtu.be/j3Hf1TIZp7w

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Your neighbors must hate you man. I remember when I ran my truck with nothing after cats, my neighbors got pissed

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Your neighbors must hate you man. I remember when I ran my truck with nothing after cats, my neighbors got pissed

I've had a guy come b!tching from 3 blocks over just from it idling at 6am... And I'm always east on it and idle down the road when it's early or late :headbang:

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I've had a guy come b!tching from 3 blocks over just from it idling at 6am... And I'm always east on it and idle down the road when it's early or late :headbang:

That's excellent.. my neighbors would get pissed when I'm returning home around 12 at night or something

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
That's excellent.. my neighbors would get pissed when I'm returning home around 12 at night or something

The first time I took it out on the town I got it's first exhaust ticket :lol: I've learned to change my driving style at night... 2 am in the dead city :nono:

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
The first time I took it out on the town I got it's first exhaust ticket :lol: I've learned to change my driving style at night... 2 am in the dead city :nono:

I drive too rough sometimes for a loud exhaust, I'd probably get a ticket first time with a setup like yours too.. I wanna tint my front windows also but chances are I'll get a ticket on that one too

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the difference between flowmaster super 10, and the 40 series? I`m thinking about trying them out, and if I dont like them I can always get something else after. I am asking about the difference in how loud they sound. Might be going more towards the 10 because I have a stock cat in it which would tame it down a bit I would imagine. Not going to do any hard pulls with it so I am thinking it will be just right.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
super 10 is a race muffler. Someone said it wasn't street legal (but he's in Texas). super is loud too but not super 10 loud..

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After I choose what muffler, I hear that flowmasters are full of drone. Any tips about removing/reducing drone? Are there mufflers to similar loudness of a 40 series, 44, or 10 without as much drone?

I remember reading somewhere in a forum in regards to drone, and they had installed an extra pipe in the exhaust system. If I remember, it had been bent into a partial U shape.

Thanks for all the help guys! It does help to talk to other people for me personally.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
one way to reduce drone is to run tailpipes to the rear of the truck. I have a dump on mine right behind the caba nd the drne gets pretty bad around 2000 rpm