Tristan's 1994 z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Dude, that sucks!! But at least your OK and the truck can be fixed.

And don't fail Senior year! That would really be a bad start to the rest of your life!

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck still seems to look good though lol. Glad you are alright man.

X2 on the senior year thing. Don't fail. I barely made it out. As in It wasn't set in stone I was going to pass till like 2 days before graduation day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That grille bumper doesnt look half bad lol you have so many awesome offroading places your lucky

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Dude, that sucks!! But at least your OK and the truck can be fixed.

And don't fail Senior year! That would really be a bad start to the rest of your life!
Thats the way I look at it, atleast there isnt any other damage besides the grille and bumper! Im very thankful, and I know that wouldnt be fun! I'm studying hard and taking classes outside school just so I dont fail, its hard but it will be worth it.
Dude that sucks! I'm sorry bro!
it does but sh*t happens! Atleast its repairable man!
Truck still seems to look good though lol. Glad you are alright man.

X2 on the senior year thing. Don't fail. I barely made it out. As in It wasn't set in stone I was going to pass till like 2 days before graduation day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
Haha thanks man, I actually like it like this! and dang you lucky! All my grades are fine, Im just lacking a small science credit, which im taking outside school :rockit:
That grille bumper doesnt look half bad lol you have so many awesome offroading places your lucky
thanks man, its actually grown on me! I need to finish it though :crazy: I been meaning to paint it and cover that spot in the middle, and haha yea man, just ask around, you will never know what you find!:rockit:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I don't like the bumper :hidesbehindsofa: Just doesn't look right to me. Got any close up pics of the painted headlights?

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good as always tristan, makes me want to go wheeling more than i already did!

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
If you're looking to turn 39s and actually use the truck as intended (which you obviously do) you're going to be better off starting to collect parts for a SAS than spending time and money buying and installing a body lift only to run those tires on stock 1/2 ton suspension and steering.

Never mind the added stress just from turning the larger tires, but the suspension geometry of our IFS is only designed for ~30" tires and there's really no way to change that. It means whenever the suspension cycles, a lot of force is being applied to the ball joints that they weren't intended to handle. It's worse on high traction surfaces and the less sidewall you have.

I know you're on a budget, I just think you'd be a lot happier in the long run with a solid axle.