Tristan's 1994 z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Awesome pictures man the hood stripe is really growing on me

Love the hood stripe. Sure has come a long way

thanks guys! Ive been comptemplating on taking off the stripe but It has grown on me as well! lol! I figured im not keeping the hood for much longer since I will be purchasing a cowl hood similar to the one PROSHO has. Thanks for the positive feedback my friends! I will keep you guys updated!

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Hey guys, Sorry been off so long. School and other stuff has me extremely busy. Trying my hardest not to fail my senior year.

Anyways, kinda back with some bad news. Those of you from OBS obsession (Marlin's page) on facebook already know I rear ended my buddies lifted dodge ram on 37's. Long story short, I was texting him to appologize for a previous incident that almost caused him to rear end me, so I took out my phone and slowed down and got behind him to appologize, right when I sent the text, I look up only to see him at a complete stop in front of me and I was going about 30 mph.

We both pull over, I was honestly expecting more damage. I thought I smashed in my radiator and completely totaled my truck. His rear bumper is totally trashed and His receiver hitch saved most of his truck from furthermore damage. Im also thankful he is one of my best friends so he didnt care as much even thought it was 100% my fault. I went home that night mad at myself, but at the same time thankful it wasnt as bad as it couldve been, also thankful my truck was lifted or else it wouldve been ugly.. his truck sits extremely high, So if my truck wasnt lifted, I probably would be in the hospital right now.

The damage On his truck is just the rear bumper and mounts, My truck on the other hand needs a new grille and bumper and bumper brackets ( The passenger side bracket bent inwards). The next moring, I removed my bumper and bumper mounts, patched my grille up a tad bit and repainted it, and cut up a NBS chevy grille I found on the side of the road. Yes, you heard that correct, That bumper is indeed a chevy grille I cut up. Lol.

Anyways Im glad im okay, my truck on the other hand has been taking a serious beating lately, blew my water pump mudding the snot outta her trying to get myself unstuck because my friend bet me I wouldnt make it. ,ended up leaving her in a whole other city for the night while I hitched a ride back into town. Went out there the next day and got the water pump seals all back on only to break a bolt off inside the water pump, and me being me, i put it all back together praying it wouldnt leak, and sure enough it did. Ended up buying a new pump with lifetime warranty.

So thats about it guys. Other than a small accident and water pump blow, this is where she stands.

Also have good news, I start my new job sunday and should be getting 30 hrs a week while attending class, So im going to take some money out of each paycheck to get my truck fixed all up, Im going to be in store for a 3" body lift and 39 grapplers on 20x12 fuel hostages soon as well as a fresh repaint and new bumper :) Im really excited for this oppurtunity. Anyways, Enjoy the pics!

You must be registered for see images attach