Javlin42: My 1994 RCSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javlin42

Reaction score
I mounted these today. If the weather cooperates the rest of the week, I'm going to get the bed set off and hopefully install the new rear axle. Still skeptical that this wheel/tire combo will fit but we shall see.

You must be registered for see images attach

Javlin42

Reaction score
Alright, this week's project has began. Got the bed pulled off and started the disassembly.

And threw the next housing in and axles. Just test fitting everything just in case. Waiting for some help to set the bed on then time to make brake lines and final assembly on the rest of the components.

Javlin42

Reaction score
Alright, got some help to set the bed on and centered back up. I think it's going to work.

That was the easiest but stressful part. Now to take it all back a part and weld my brake line brackets on, make brake lines, assemble the assembly, traction bars and drive shaft.

I will say to anyone wanting to know. That the bed side lip has been trimmed but still has about a 1/2 inch left, which there is about a 1/2 inche clearance between the bed and the tire.

More updates to come.

Javlin42

Reaction score
This is awesome!! Don't know how I missed it!! That rear axle is sick! Tell us about it please.
How is the replacement grill shell fitting?
I appreciate it. Yeah it's a pretty nice piece. Moser M9, 35 spline, wilwood 13in big brake kit, all the bells and whistles.

The grill shell that I bought for this truck fits perfect. The replacement Filler strip that goes under it that I got from lmc was about 1.75" short per side. Luckily I found one in good shape and was able to use it

I got this housing without shock mounts installed because I didn't want to use the factory mounting points, with the truck so low the shocks were almost flat and bottomed out quite a bit. Even with the belltech shocks that came with the kit. The spring perches just had a Tack on them to essentially locate center and I set the pinion angle last night and welded the perches up and threw a coat of paint on it for now

Got all the studs installed in the housing and got the center section installed and set in the truck. I also put the leaf spring bushings burned out and the aluminum bushings in for the caltrac bars.

I've ran everything went in smoothly as it should, however I've got some issues with the rear calipers clearance with the rotor. It's has the shorter caliper spacer but the caliper is literally resting on the rotor. It can't be shimmed because it would just exaggerate the problem, so I'm waiting to hear back from Moser and Wilwood because they told me not to mill the spacer they sent. More updates tomorrow.

Javlin42

Reaction score
Doh!!.....I forgot to ask what brand that GMC grill was.
And you got some good Tig skills there!!!
Just a 80 shell off ebay with a $40 billet insert. I think after the hood and door get painted I'm going to swap out the black housing lights for a stock looking set.

And thanks, not to bad for my first time

Javlin42

Reaction score
Figured out the issue with the caliper clearance. There was hub centric rings on the axles that weren't required with this brake setup.

I had to get a conversion joint for the new yoke. And for now, got some braided lines on.

I got ground the rivet heads and knocked them out and pulled the factory shock mounts off. I've ordered some stuff for the shocks but won't get it until next week. So for now it's hurry up and wait.

I'll get some more pictures when I pull it outside.