Towz on my obs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I'm going to paint my rotors and drums black, but with the wheels I'm going with I need to do something to them.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man your truck looks awesome on there

i need new mirrors anyways and i really wanna get some of those...but fully loaded with everything so they will cost me a lil more

but my stock ones are junk and move around and shake....and they would be great for towing my jeep around too

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think if you paint ur drums red would look pretty good as long as you can see them through your wheels, if not you might as well spray them black
Yeah, I'm still up in the air about it. You would definitely be able to see the red through the wheel pretty good. I'll end up doing it but atleast if It's too much I can paint them back black.

Your truck is a BEAST bro very good looking rig
Means alot bro, thank you

They were at the top of the list but I sold that truck a little over a month ago.
And to answer your rice question. Yes it will be too ricey if you paint your drums.
Ah man, you sold that crew cab? No bueno my friend. Did you get another truck or wazzup? I feel your opinion about the drums. I'll try it and see what my taste tells me to do.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to paint my rotors and drums black, but with the wheels I'm going with I need to do something to them.
I feel you. You can't go wrong with black EVER haha. You going with 20's or somethin'?

man your truck looks awesome on there

i need new mirrors anyways and i really wanna get some of those...but fully loaded with everything so they will cost me a lil more

but my stock ones are junk and move around and shake....and they would be great for towing my jeep around too

Man I know. I had every reason to get these. My stock driver side one was shaking and I had to retighten it every few days. Huge pita. The fully loaded power, heat, plus LED runs about $250. Just google "88-98 tow mirrors" and there are a bunch and you can easily pick the one that's priced best. There are so many that are priced really really high, I don't get it. You'd think they'd notice the other guy selling the exact same thing for $80 less and change their price to compete. Anyway, just search that and you got it made.

Griffin

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I've been staring at this same old truck for 9 years and It really makes it look like a whole different truck...

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those mirrors look like they belong on your truck, they look awesome. I especially like the fact that you bought them because you need them.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Ah man, you sold that crew cab? No bueno my friend. Did you get another truck or wazzup? I feel your opinion about the drums. I'll try it and see what my taste tells me to do.

Ya it had to happen, if I had kept it I would have dumped too much money in it because I completely wanted to redo the suspension. But now I have me a plain Jane black 05 ecsb z71 that will eventually be leveled on 33s with tows just because I want em.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those mirrors look like they belong on your truck, they look awesome. I especially like the fact that you bought them because you need them.
Haha I was actually pretty nervous about how they'd look. They got here this morning and I went out and cut 10 yards. Man I hauled ass today. Couldn't wait to get home and see how they turned out. Really appreciate the kind words man. You wouldn't believe how crazy the view is now driving around with two huge elephant ears sticking out. Really gonna have to watch the mailboxes now lol

Ya it had to happen, if I had kept it I would have dumped too much money in it because I completely wanted to redo the suspension. But now I have me a plain Jane black 05 ecsb z71 that will eventually be leveled on 33s with tows just because I want em.
Man well I'm just glad you got another chevy, I had no idea you had sold it. The obs are classics in my eyes but they need to be constantly kept up, and when you want a 15 year old truck to be nice, you constantly have to be buying something. I'm slowly trying to completely restore mine but that'll never happen. One step at a time though. The only thing better than owning a obs is owning a 05 BLACK (best color by far) newer nice ass truck. Definitely do a level kit and DEF throw the tows on...I'll search to see if I can find your truck, otherwise throw up a pic!