OBS 4/6 drop on staggered 22 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonp

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 95 GMC Sierra that I am in the middle of putting a 4/6 on. I did front yesterday and when finished my fenders are sitting on tires. Keep in mind I still have to do the back, so will that bring front back up some once completed? If not, what's the best way to get front back up a couple inches? Stock springs or stock spindles? TIA

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are gonna need some more info. What drop are you using? Tire size? Wheel offset? No, lowering the back will not provide any more clearance in the front. If you have drop springs and spindles in the front and want to raise it back up I would put in stock springs.

Last edited:

400Rogue

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 95 GMC Sierra that I am in the middle of putting a 4/6 on. I did front yesterday and when finished my fenders are sitting on tires. Keep in mind I still have to do the back, so will that bring front back up some once completed? If not, what's the best way to get front back up a couple inches? Stock springs or stock spindles? TIA

Not likely to bring the front up much. As the pivot point here is the center line of your wheels. Depending on where they are touching the fenders I wouldn't think it would change enough to keep from rubbing. Pictures would help us a lot here. Personally haven't lowered one of these trucks, but I've done coilovers and suspension work on a number of different vehicles. All require planning for wheel offset, ride height, alignment, rolled fenders, etc. to make it work well.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a nice looking truck, well 1/2 of it anyway! Lol
Like @Alteca said, more information is definitely needed to help you here.
What size wheels and tires for one.
And the backspacing and offset.
Also what did you use to lower it?
Brand and components involved?

jasonp

Reaction score
Not sure about the offset simply got a deal on the rims and was told they came off a c1500 lol. Fronts are 265/ 40 r22 backs are 285/40 r22
The drop is an eBay special by Spindle Source. front has 2" drop spindles, 2" springs. Rear- flip kit and c notch. I spent money on shocks by Beltech. I am not against put stock parts back on to raise it up some. I hate to go to a smaller tire. Appreciate all you guys input.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possibly narrowed control arms. even then you will be taking the fender wells out and tubbing it because they will be rubbing as well.

Last edited: