OBS 4/6 drop on staggered 22 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Those tires you have are too tall.
Both sets are running 31" & on a 4/6, a 29" tall tire is about as big as you can go.
You'd be better off with some 255/35's for the front & a set of 295/30's for the rear. Both = 29".
Which, coincidentally are damn near the same height as the factory stock size 235/75-15's.
Try playing around with this to see how big those tires you have are in comparison to the ones I've mentioned.

400Rogue

Reaction score
I agree with Sewlow. For a number of reasons aiming for the same total diameter with tires is simplest option. You'll also want to get mathematical here with how you want your truck to perform and appear. You need to know the backspacing and/or offset. You can relatively easily determine each by having a measurement of one. But one other thing I'd suggest is removing the spring so you can move the suspension through it's full range of motion.

Put the truck on jack stands, and remove the spring, but leave the shock in place. You can then use a jack to move the suspension through it's full range of motion. Do this at full lock both directions as well as steering wheel at center. Since you already have the wheels and tires, this will tell you what you need to do so they don't rub. For this stance, I'd for certain roll the fenders on the top. You can use a body hammer and dolly if you don't have a fender roller, but make sure to cover the dolly with a microfiber towel and use a heat gun to heat the metal and paint a little to help prevent the paint chipping. Keep it warm but don't get it too hot. Go slow here. If you don't want to go to this level, then you may need to make some sacrifices on wheel offset, suspension stiffness, and even ride height.

If you need to buy new wheels with a different offset, you should measure your limits at full lock both directions to see what you can get away with. You need to know at what point in the suspension articulation your wheel will rub at full lock. This is the trickiest part to get right as when you are going over bumps at full lock is when you are most susceptible to rubbing.

Last edited: