33x12.5x15 On My Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
So Inwasnlooking on Marketplace the other day and found me this set of American Racing Outlaw 2's for a really good deal.

My Suburban is a '98 K1500 that's mostly stock, though I think the Torsion bars have been cranked a bit.
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyways, I also found myself a set of BFG A/T 33x12.5x15 tires at an local tire shop. My question is if they will fit without rubbing.

I've been told that 33's will fit, but when dealing with wide tires like these, I've also been told that you need a certain offset to make it fit.

I think the offset on these wheels is -6mm which probably won't work, but what are your guy's opinions on the matter?

If that doesn't work, I'll probably just have the 31x10.5x15's I already have transferred.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How wide are your rims? While putting 12.5 inch tire on a 8 inch rim is outside of the tire specs, it will also have them moving across when going around corners giving you that half flat tire feeling. They should ideally be on 12 inch rims to straighten the wall, unfortunately then you would have to trim the bottom of the wheel arches.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How wide are your rims? While putting 12.5 inch tire on a 8 inch rim is outside of the tire specs, it will also have them moving across when going around corners giving you that half flat tire feeling. They should ideally be on 12 inch rims to straighten the wall, unfortunately then you would have to trim the bottom of the wheel arches.
They are 15x7's. Currently, I'm actually running 31x10.5x15's on 15x6's, and it's been fine over the past 3 years.

Does the narrower wheel help my case?

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are 15x7's. Currently, I'm actually running 31x10.5x15's on 15x6's, and it's been fine over the past 3 years.

Does the narrower wheel help my case?
The narrower rim will help avoid hitting the wheel arches as the tire will sit further inboard, it's just the way the tire carcass was designed to work that is being compromised by pulling the beads in closer together. If you go to the manufacturers site they should specify the correct rim widths for each of their tires.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The narrower rim will help avoid hitting the wheel arches as the tire will sit further inboard, it's just the way the tire carcass was designed to work that is being compromised by pulling the beads in closer together. If you go to the manufacturers site they should specify the correct rim widths for each of their tires.
I'm not too worried about the wheel wells, I'm worried about it rubbing when turning.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I took it to the tire shop over lunch today (It's within walking distance of my work) and spoke with the guy there. He told me that he'd mount one of the 33's on the front and tell me what happens. If just catches the bottom of the front bumper that's fine, but if it hits the frame I'm going to have them put the 31's on my new wheels.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got a call and they clear, though he says that I may need to clearance the bottoms of the fenders a bit if I don't want them to touch with the suspension under load (I.E. while turning onto a steep incline).