torsion bars stuck need help fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97k1500z71

Reaction score
i never undid mine for my lift, if you drop the lower arms and the torsion brackets, you can slide the whole unit to the passenger side and angle it out, mine were frozen too, its a pain but thats how i did mine, youll have to jack up drivetrain and remove the trans crossmember, but its not that big of a deal. i did it all in a hour or so....good luck!

97k1500z71

Reaction score
i never undid mine for my lift, if you drop the lower arms and the torsion brackets, you can slide the whole unit to the passenger side and angle it out, mine were frozen too, its a pain but thats how i did mine, youll have to jack up drivetrain and remove the trans crossmember, but its not that big of a deal. i did it all in a hour or so....good luck!

and that was last week in Michigan, a foot of snow on the ground, outside, with only hand tools.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was trying to do jus that but I cant get the pressure off of the bolts that hold the lowers in place because of loading the torsion bars

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tried a jack between the cross members and broke the jack.... I have a big sledge coming. If that doesnt work, the truck goes back to stock for now.