Softer torsion bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z71HalfTon

Reaction score
I have 4600’s and have no complaints. What shocks do you have now, the originals? Maybe they do need replacing. But, I’m more inclined to think it’s the 8600 gvw torsion bars.
Yes, there the originals and probably do need replacing lol. But I agree the 8600 gvw bars probably don't help the ride.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna jump in here and say softer shocks are stupid. May as well run worn out shocks. I wish I could get a stiffer shock than the 4600 off the shelf. Shocks are valved to a narrow range of spring rate. Going even softer puts them farther out of their operating range with stiff torsion bars. My vote? Install non cranked half ton bars with the 4600 shocks so they have a chance at doing their job. Ever notice how new shocks vs old seem to mute sharp edges bumps? They dampen the impact. One might even go so far as to call them a dampener. . .

z71HalfTon

Reaction score
I'm gonna jump in here and say softer shocks are stupid. May as well run worn out shocks. I wish I could get a stiffer shock than the 4600 off the shelf. Shocks are valved to a narrow range of spring rate. Going even softer puts them farther out of their operating range with stiff torsion bars. My vote? Install non cranked half ton bars with the 4600 shocks so they have a chance at doing their job. Ever notice how new shocks vs old seem to mute sharp edges bumps? They dampen the impact. One might even go so far as to call them a dampener. . .
Thanks for all the info guys. I'll probably install the 4600 and eventually try out halfton bars when I find a pair. If I remember I'll try and post an update on here when I get around to it.