torsion bars stuck need help fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Sully, how long has the oil been sitting on it? We generally use Kroil, stuff is a god send but with creeping oil it takes time for it to really take effect. On the big electric turbines, when a crew goes into teardown they'll soak bolts they'll have to break a couple days in advance then once a day, an hour before tear down they'll soak them again. Bolts that would of ended up being busted, torched, or rounded off can come out like butter but it takes time for it to climb itself and really work.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
never heard of that stuff, but its worth a look, we use Move-it at our work (mill), works like a dream.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
never heard of that stuff, but its worth a look, we use Move-it at our work (mill), works like a dream.

We hadn't either till my dad started working on crews with GE, unlike a lot of places GE buys top notch stuff, Kroil is by far the best I've ever used. GE even buys this tape from 3M that makes duct tape look like scotch tape. Definitely look into getting some Kroil, doesn't even have to be a lot as it doesn't take much to get moving.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have over a can on these things now.... sprayed them multiple times from about noon to 8 at night. I sprayed it big time before I left and let it soak over night.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
When you spray it in the morning let it sit for another couple minutes allowing it to crawl past itself, it just make the difference you need. Good luck, I don't envy you.