tj98gmc 98 gmc build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: I was THIS close to doing that myself

lol,, it works great! these are similar to what i have,, little different and i think i paid like $35 for mine
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KD-Tools-33..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item3381311381&vxp=mtr

thats what i do it amazes the the amount of people who done put oil around the seal when they put a new filter on

its amazing how some people just disregard just about anything on a vehicle,, i just changed an air filter on a neon with over 155,000 miles and it had the stock filter on it,, its a one owner car and he never knew "that part needed changed"

random *** double post idk why

no biggie

I lube them up and crank them back a third of a turn or so... they're still stubborn 5k miles later, haha

i put oil on the rubber o ring and put them on hand tight,, seems to be ok,, lol

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
yah i put oil on the o ring and tighten um up snug

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did some upgrading to the fuel system today,, (walbro FRC-10 lift pump, pre LP filter, and ran 3/8 rubber hose to oem filter)

3/16 aluminum diamond plate. mounted the pre lift pump filter and lift pump too

You must be registered for see images attach

i made two of these brackets one for the top and one for the bottom, welded nuts on the insides of the holes just to make it a little easier..

bolted everything up

all finished up. no more leaks!!! yay!

the truck does seem to have more pep to it and it definitely dumps more black smoke out of the stacks.. i didnt get the gauge that i wanted yet due to money being a little tight,, so i dont know how much of a difference it made in the fuel pressure.

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Nice! Def like how you have it set up. how did you wind up routing the lines though? cut and reflared the hard lines before using the bypass kit?

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Looks great Terry. I believe the stock pump puts out 5-6 and and walboro buts out 8. One question though, why the Walboro over a Raptor?

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow- looks pretty nifty!

thanks man

Nice! Def like how you have it set up. how did you wind up routing the lines though? cut and reflared the hard lines before using the bypass kit?

i had a rubber line coming from my tank from back when i put the new tank in,, so i just cut it and ran it straight into the filter,,, i didnt even use the bypass kit at all,, just going to resell it

Looks great Terry. I believe the stock pump puts out 5-6 and and walboro buts out 8. One question though, why the Walboro over a Raptor?

thanks man,,, it was more of a money thing,, i only did research on the walbro and everything i read was good,, one guy had one burn up on him within a year,, but he had it laid on its side..

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
random pic i took at work the other day,,