Tire Selection

Which Tires?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys so I'm getting my DC 6.5" lift sometime in late Jan. early Feb. and I have pretty much everything I want in my cart at performance4trucks.com except tires. I'm torn between tires right now, and so far I've narrowed it down to 4, which really isnt much help. All will be 35x12.5R17's and the tires are the BFG KM2s, DC Mud Countries, General Tires new DOT approved Grabbers, and the new Nitto Trail Grapplers. My truck is my DD and I comute to school which is 22 miles round trip atleast twice a week, and to my parents place about 32 miles round trip atleast once a week. I do visit the local mud pit every other sunday, and during the summer I do a lot of sand running out at SPI, with camping and riding down to the east cut for some fishing. So I'm looking for some opinions, I've read reviews on the tires from consumers, and magazines. I really like the new Trail Grapplers as they seem to be the best all around tire, however I've heard great things about the DC's. And it seems like the KM2's are hit or miss either great or suck, and the grabbers are still a little too new for any reviews. BTW toyos are too expensive. Let me know what you guys have used and what your opinions are it might just settle my mind a bit.

P.S. sorry about the novel

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
trail graps. heard a lot of good things about them

CLB BLZR

Reaction score
i havent heard anything bad about nitto yet, guy i work with has 37" nitto on his big dodge turbo diesel and he loves them he chose them over toyos id personally splurge for the toyos

im also getting the DC 6.5" lift and 35" ??? tires :)

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
With the amount you'll be on the road versus offroad, I personally would go with BFG's. Them and Toyo's are the longest lasting M/Ts on the market IMO, not to mention both are extremely versatile in mud and on the trails.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
35x12.5r17 KM2: 68 lbs
35x12.5r17 Trail Grappler: 79 lbs

KM2 imo.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
35x12.5r17 KM2: 68 lbs
35x12.5r17 Trail Grappler: 79 lbs

KM2 imo.

I don't know how accurate this is but I've always heard that for every 10 lbs lost off a tire, its like losing 100lbs off the vehicle. So by those numbers that'd be like driving around with 400lbs in the bed of your truck :hmm:

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys I had really over looked the weight issue of the tires I know for a fact the grabbers and grapplers run around 78 lbs. Ill be running 4.56 gears but less rotational mass is always a good thing I've just heard some horror stories about the bfg's

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you considered mickey thompson baja mtz or baja claws?