Tire Selection

Which Tires?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the baja claws are just a little to rough on the pavement for my taste, I had a buddy who had them in 31x10.5r16 on his jeep and at about mid tread we couldnt even hold a conversation. Which is a shame because I absolutely loved the baja claws thier look and performance off road was amazing. And the MTZ's I cant find any in the size I'm looking for, but im pretty sure theyll be near the top or just out of my price range.

bustamovej

Reaction score
Anybody like super swampers anymore? I have irok radials and they were great and don't wear fast at all. I also read that Trxus Mud tires are good too

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BFG's or General TG. The Nitto's are a nice tire but wear quick and are loud as fwonk at highway speeds.

BIGBLAZER

Reaction score
i have the km2s 35x12.5x15 on my 93 blazer and love them definatly will buy again.. good price i paid $175/ tire and so far i have about 27000 miles on them and still bout 3/4 tread maybe a hair less! and can run down the freeway 80 miles an hour and ride great! also do very good imo in mud and snow!

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I am also torn between the KM2 and Toyo M/T. But just to put it out there Toyo and Nitto are the same company and it's a shame that the Nitto half gets not so great tread life. I'd get the KM2 for my truck if it didn't cost $512 per tire in a 38x15.5x17

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can Never go wrong with a set of IROKs, not only will your 'burb look badass but they are staggeringly good offroad.......just my $0.02. From your list, the only ones Ive seen perform well offroad are the KM2's.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My buddy has general's on his truck they are wearing like ****. My vote is for the cepeks.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I loved my 35x12.50R-17, Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrain Radial's and your driving styles/habits are the same as mine. Had them on my 2010 rcsb silverado for 8 months no wear and dogged the **** out of them on the road.
Sure you could find some that are affordable.
http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=PCT57035&catID=13&subCat=157&ptID=100809&plID=3360

OR

I HIGHLY recommend the Firestone Destination M/T, they are my favorite all around truck tire really. Its just hard to find them in the right size, they do make them in a 315/70R17. My votes on them or the pro comps.