The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drag sgt

Reaction score

Try these guys. I got a complete set, extremely nice. Not sure if what I got has the supplemented info but it’s 4-5 huge books.
Yeah I have the full set of 1998 texts, I was just curious about how to find the corrections/updates. I do have the pdf texts downloaded as well, but I haven't exactly poured over the pages looking for correction inserts.

Velocity502

Reaction score
So here's my stupid question, I've been having non stop issues regarding my gauge lights and I've tried everything I know how. Changed the headlight and dimmer switch, made sure the bulbs are good still nothing. I had them working just the other night but after I plugged something into the cigarette lighter they no longer come on, everytime I put a new fuse in and turn the switch on, something causes it to blow. Do I have a short somewhere? Is the cigarette lighter somehow to blame?

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone by chance know what kind of plug the tag light wiring uses? Not sure if some years were different, think mine is 97.

Its a little oval two prong, with a rectangle notch between the pins. I have nice wiring at the back, but need to connect up some tag lights, and looking for the male/bumper side of the plug.

96redchev

Reaction score
so when I turn ether blinker on I get hazards but I also get them on the dash when the lights are turned on. The dome light comes on but dim when the truck is turned on also the 3rd break light stays on after truck is turned on. I have all led front and back I have the resister on one blinker on each side. So has resistors, led relay,and a new running light relay I’m at a loss

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your taillight harness first. It's quick and easy to check, and the ground wire is prone to failure, causing all kinds of stupid feedback problems.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so when I turn ether blinker on I get hazards but I also get them on the dash when the lights are turned on. The dome light comes on but dim when the truck is turned on also the 3rd break light stays on after truck is turned on. I have all led front and back I have the resister on one blinker on each side. So has resistors, led relay,and a new running light relay I’m at a loss
I guess by your screen name you have a 96? If so, it could possibly be the hazArd switch, when mine was bad it did all sorts of things like that.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know what possible reasons this light would come on? Happened yd morning and after class took it to valvoline for service. Figured it was just low on oil but it’s still on, so yeah kinda concerning. Maybe the fuse blew for that indicator light or something? Idk
You must be registered for see images attach