The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have one of these, you simply pull a fuse and push the end in place and it will show you how much current is being drawn through that circuit even with the key off, it's good for finding that parasitic draw that drains batteries when not used for a while.
You must be registered for see images attach

That's a pretty cool little gadget, I've always just used a multimeter with standard test leads but that looks way easier. Might have to look into one of those.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine off Ebay a while ago. Didn't cost much.
I looked yours up - only result I could find for that specific one ships from AU (of course)

There's similar models on amazon; found a couple with that handy fuse style connection.

This one is pretty inexpensive, looks like it checks regular blade fuses and mini blade with the supplied adapter.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This one is a few more bucks but has extra adapters (dunno what that really small one is for) and looks like a dead ringer to the core component of your SP Tools unit.

Richard

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked yours up - only result I could find for that specific one ships from AU (of course)

There's similar models on amazon; found a couple with that handy fuse style connection.

This one is pretty inexpensive, looks like it checks regular blade fuses and mini blade with the supplied adapter.

This one is a few more bucks but has extra adapters (dunno what that really small one is for) and looks like a dead ringer to the core component of your SP Tools unit.

Richard
Sorry if I misled you but the one I have isn't that exact one. I got a pic of google to illustrate the type so you could relate, they are fairly generic and the std prongs pull off the end to reveal a smaller set for mini fuses.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed recently that my reverse lights are hit or miss, and i have to wiggle the shifter (column) to get them to light. I just ordered the locator switch and will be replacing it soon.

While i am under there i want to connect a wire for the reverse feed to my radio for the reverse camera. Do any of you know off the top of your head what wire outputs to the reverse lights? if not do you have a source for a schematic? I could figure it out with a multimeter but you guys seem resourceful.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed recently that my reverse lights are hit or miss, and i have to wiggle the shifter (column) to get them to light. I just ordered the locator switch and will be replacing it soon.

While i am under there i want to connect a wire for the reverse feed to my radio for the reverse camera. Do any of you know off the top of your head what wire outputs to the reverse lights? if not do you have a source for a schematic? I could figure it out with a multimeter but you guys seem resourceful.
Gm manuals are free on here. Download it and they have all the information needed

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the repair manual in the garage, I was hoping for a quick answer. Lol
I see. When you said schematics, or diagrams, that was the source that pop to mind lol. I need to print them. Pretty cool you have a hard copy. I'm no help with wires lol