The 'Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well good luck! If you come accross a 700r4 in your tranmission odessey let me know please, my 1 ton is begging for some overdrive

I was actually talking to a guy at work today on that very subject, and he has one that he's had sitting in the bed of an old pickup for quite a while. Dunno how good the internals are, but I'm sure it's rebuildable. Now, putting a 700R4 in a 1 ton is another matter entirely, unless you really want to put some stout guts in it. I would probably go with an NV4500, but that's a whole other can of worms with an OOBS.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I was actually talking to a guy at work today on that very subject, and he has one that he's had sitting in the bed of an old pickup for quite a while. Dunno how good the internals are, but I'm sure it's rebuildable. Now, putting a 700R4 in a 1 ton is another matter entirely, unless you really want to put some stout guts in it. I would probably go with an NV4500, but that's a whole other can of worms with an OOBS.

It "should" be easier in an oobs I would think . I dont know where to start looking for one , or which ones would work etc :nono: . I would be ok with a 700r4 with a stout rebuild but a stick shift would be good times

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It "should" be easier in an oobs I would think . I dont know where to start looking for one , or which ones would work etc :nono: . I would be ok with a 700r4 with a stout rebuild but a stick shift would be good times

A 700 is easy peasy. I put one in my 78, but have a nv3500 I bought about 4 yrs ago that I want to put in it one day lol.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, just trying to get the brakes and drive train in order before I do anything cosmetic. My brake booster is out right now, so it makes sense to do a hydro swap rather than just get another vacuum booster. I want to lower it, and may go ahead and do it, if the budget allows. I need to do a good junkyard crawl for a hydro setup and 1 ton calipers, to save a little cash and have a core, if they turn out to be bad.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Absolutely, just trying to get the brakes and drive train in order before I do anything cosmetic. My brake booster is out right now, so it makes sense to do a hydro swap rather than just get another vacuum booster. I want to lower it, and may go ahead and do it, if the budget allows. I need to do a good junkyard crawl for a hydro setup and 1 ton calipers, to save a little cash and have a core, if they turn out to be bad.

Nice , whats all involvled with the swap

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just have to remove the vacuum booster, master cylinder, and brake pedal assembly and replace it with the hydraboost booster, MC, and pedal assembly. Then you have to get the power steering hoses for the hydraboost. The booster itself is the priciest part, and is the one i need to bring the cost down. The calipers are cheap, but if I could find some that are serviceable, that would be good too.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score

Theres a full hydroboost setup at pipes on Texas St on a 99 1 ton crew cab, missing the calipers though lol :evillol: