The 'Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's doin :lol:. Transmission still only has first, second, and reverse. Gas mileage absolutely blows, as I'm turning 3k doing 45mph on the way to work. BUT.... she still runs and drives. Now on to the more interesting news:

I'm doing an LS swap.

I already have the biggest expense bought and paid for: the motor. I have said that I want a 4L80E behind the 6.0L if I do the swap, but since my 4L60E needs a rebuild anyway, and I'm not going with any power adders right now, I can build the 4L60E to handle the power and keep using it. That way I don't have the expense of modding or replacing the crossmember, driveshaft, shift linkage, etc. I still have to mod the wiring harness to accept the new PCM, get it tuned, plumb the exhaust, and get all the ancillary cooling system and fuel system mods done, and tear down and reseal the motor, but all in all I think it can be done quickly and fairly cheaply. We finally received our state refund check today, so hopefully our federal check won't be far behind. The sooner I have the money, the sooner all this gets rolling.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping so. Once all is in, I'll have to hunt down a Trutrac or something of the like. Gonna have to crawl a few junkyards to find things like a cable throttle body, intake tube, MAF, etc. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I'm hoping so. Once all is in, I'll have to hunt down a Trutrac or something of the like. Gonna have to crawl a few junkyards to find things like a cable throttle body, intake tube, MAF, etc. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction.

shouldnt be a problem

edit: man that be a hell of a sleeper once that 6.0 is in there lol

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shouldnt be a problem

edit: man that be a hell of a sleeper once that 6.0 is in there lol

Shhhhhhhhh.... I plan on having a quiet exhaust on it, possibly even a small cam. I plan on keeping a good supply of woodscrews in the back, to help folks out when I blow their doors off :lol:. Showtime, baby!

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Shhhhhhhhh.... I plan on having a quiet exhaust on it, possibly even a small cam. I plan on keeping a good supply of woodscrews in the back, to help folks out when I blow their doors off :lol:. Showtime, baby!

lol you would blow those guys minds

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burbdate, June 5, 2012:

Progress is nonexistent, much to my chagrin. The gubment decided that I really don't have a 2 year old daughter and so I don't really qualify for EIC on her. But being as I really do have a 2 year old daughter and she really does eat my food, sleep under my roof, and cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I told them that they were full of it and sent further proof of her existence. They should get their **** straight shortly and send me the other couple thousand dollars they owe me. At that juncture work shall commence, but not before. Such is life, eh?