TBI Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are long tube headers and you do know you will have to modify your exhaust to get them to fit right ????

Your first post stated you were interested in shorty headers which are normally direct bolt on replacements.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh snap,

I must have clicked on a different link on ebay when I copied and pasted that. Yeah I don't want long tube headers since I already replaced my exhaust from the y pipe back. I just want shorties to replace my rusted out manifolds and get some performance gains.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you need to make sure to find the ones like mine with the ball end on the collector and not the flanged reducers, because if you get them they'll bolt right up no cutting, clamping or welding. if you get the flange ones you gotta cut the socket end off the sotkc pipes, then clamp or weld the reducer on the pipes, well y pipe.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah it's looking like they're hard to find unless I just don't know what I'm looking for which is quite possible since I don't know much about headers.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are very simuliar to what I have and should bolt right up.
The only things I think you might need are longer header bolts if they have the thick bolt edges and 2 new Y-pipe spring bolts kits if your's are rust/heat welded.

Oh, plan on changing your spark plugs if you haven't done so already because changing them with the headers installed will have you cursing !!!!

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did a full tune up so I dont need to change my spark plugs. I really want to change out my manifolds. I'm just so worried about breaking the 20yr old rusted manifold bolts.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you need to soak those bolts down really good with penitrating oil and let the truck sit parked and not running for at least a day.
When you go to loosen the bolts be easy with your ratchet and try not to muscle the studs out. Let the ratchet/socket do the work.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?887-Just-ordered-some-ebay-SS-headers-for-my-88
That's my thread with pics of the headers posted above.

As for old rusted bolts I usually try impact first, almost everytime I use a ratchet something breaks, that's why I let the impact work for me, but usually you need extensions and swivels for manifold bolts. I did take all mine out of my 88 with a ratchet, when I rebuilt the motor and when I put the headers on.