Subwoofer placement issue. Extended cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, amps don't like having to run voltage out one set and current out another set of outputs....they'll do it, but the outputs will be unbalanced and the coils(in the transformer) will not like it. The only amps that will be ok in that scenario will be the ones with true 4-channel amp technology, which is technically 4 single-channel amps in 1 case.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am in the process of picking up a 5 channel amp by JL Audio and cant believe how small the foot print is..

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the subs are JL 10W3 @ 4 ohm's each and •200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms from the AMP.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Off to bed 4am comes waaayyyy to early. Talk to ya tomorrow..

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Alritey, nite man........this amp is a 4channel bridging down to 4ohms at 2 channels? or did I read something wrong?

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alritey, nite man........this amp is a 4channel bridging down to 4ohms at 2 channels? or did I read something wrong?

No its a 5 channel amp and going to setup so I can switch to 3-channel mode, and power my front speakers with 200 watts each, while still driving the sub with 300 watts at 2 ohms. Now this has me thinking of just getting an Amp for the subs alone cause it only wants to drive a single sub and I have 2 and damit just realized it.....Now need to make some calls for two amps..dohhhh

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok now thinking, JL Audio XD600/1 for the subs? I believe I can drive 2- 10's @ 400 watts @ 4 ohms,,,,I think??
As for the rest JL Audio XD400/4. What do ya think??
Or screw it and just go with XD700/5 for it all.

Last edited: