Subwoofer placement issue. Extended cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You can run the subs in isobaric and it'll save a ton of space, but will require measuring for depth(front to back) and either a custom box or a standalone isobaric assembly(made from pvc/acrylic tubing).

Depending on height availability, you could also mount with outer sub pointing towards driver's side of truck.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Well I do not have a problem building a custom box. However, This is my first set of subs so I do not know much about the depth or :think::think:isobaric enclosures:think::think:

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Ok, so I have some information and even a few more questions. The subs are Sony XS-L1037 subs ran with 2 Pyramid Car Audio PB717X Arctic Series 2-Channel Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier Speaker Amplifiers. The subs are connected to each other with RCA wires and the Imput from the head unit only goes into one amp. The subs peak at 800W and 4ohm. The amps are 1000W.

Question:
1)Why is he running 2 2-channel amps (one to each sub)
2)Also still looking at a custom box. Any ideas?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
He's bridging the 2channel amps to 1 channel to get maximum power to the subs....then he's got the amps in master & slave so he only has to adjust settings of one amp.

I just say give me a rundown of where you want the subs and port facing?

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Ok that makes sense. I am thinking under the rear seat for the subs in whichever configuration would fit under the seat and still sound good. Most of the time I have the rear seat in the up position anyway, but I like having the extra seating when needed.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My "back seat"

You must be registered for see images

Before anyone jumps down my throat:

it is ported, 30 hz 4.2 cubic feet each sub. the ports are covered by the mesh zebra

it has all 4 gauge now, pic was a test

its also cleaner, all loomed up

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
My "back seat"

Before anyone jumps down my throat:

it is ported, 30 hz 4.2 cubic feet each sub. the ports are covered by the mesh zebra

it has all 4 gauge now, pic was a test

its also cleaner, all loomed up

Not much room for extra seating there:lol:
Bet its loud though:hmm:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Did you tune your enclosure for covering the vents with the mesh or just say f*** it? I personally never cover vents due to the extra port tuning required. But yeah, I've done the same thing in the past, deleted seat and all and ran a vertical wall sealed to cab with 2x 18s free air. Also did 2x 18s at 45 degree up and back, firing towards top of rear glass....that caused a leak :nono:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And that sounds good but if necessary I can run a full length box and I will just find room in my toolbox to put the tire changing stuff.

Will one or the other sound substantially better?
Removing the jack storage thing is one of the best things you sould do ... I gives you more room to work with, and those tools rattle like crazy when the bass hits ...

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did not calculate for the mesh but there is no noticeable difference after running it both ways