Subwoofer placement issue. Extended cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
ok boys... heres one for you. I am buying 2 sony xplod 10's off my roommate because he is going to 12's the set up is in an angled box and has two cheaper amps. The amps are run in a series so I only run my inputs into one of them. Does anyone have "blueprints" for lack of a better word of a custom box they have made that I could use? Also, what are your suggestions for the best way to put them under the back seat. (I have no 3rd door)

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well....sonys usually require alot of airspace....and my experience in installs says they prefer ported boxes. I'll have to lookup the specs of the subs as the last time I installed any, were in college in a crx.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Ok sounds good.. I can get model numbers for everything if you need. However he does not have them here but he says he is going to go get the car they are in tomorrow night

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, model number will work....or just ask him if they are svc or dvc coils and if they're 2ohm or 4ohm.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I can ask but by his personality I don't think he will know... Thanks for all your help in advance

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Ok so he said that he is completely guessing that they are dvc and 4 ohm but he is not sure... I will get model numbers for sure tomorrow or next day

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
ok, dvc-4 is usually the most common of subs sold at places like walmart and other non-audio specific stores. It's because they can be wired for the most common spl setup(2ohm) and the most common sql setup(8ohm).

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Let's see if I can figure you out a way to run both those 10's in a single sided enclosure so you don't have to run a full-length box under your rear seat, therefore allowing you to keep your tire changing stuff in your box.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Then that sounds about right then...it looks like a pretty common setup from what I can tell. I am guessing the amps are the from a walmart or such as well. It will work for me as a starter set and then I can upgrade in the future if necessary

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
And that sounds good but if necessary I can run a full length box and I will just find room in my toolbox to put the tire changing stuff.

Will one or the other sound substantially better?