Clutch pedal popping/clicking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
so I drive a 1989 gmc k1500 5.7 5 speed and about a month ago I pulled the trans and put a new clutch in there and after driving it for a couple weeks I noticed I could feel a small clicking/popping feeling when letting the clutch out and could hear itif the truck was off, I went underneath and greased the pivot ball and it seemed to help a little but now sometimes it feels like the clutch pedal is almost getting stuck on the floor and when I’m trying to take off and it will jerk forward a little like maybe the fork is getting in a bind, it’s staring to get annoying I don’t really want to pull the trans again but I can if I have to, thanks in advance.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Install new throwout bearing? Install new pilot bearing?

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
If the transmission's release bearing tube is worn it can cause those symptoms.

The tube needs to be smooth or the release bearing can bind on the tube

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might have to get a helper and have them slowly work the clutch pedal while you get under there and determine where the sound is coming from.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it's the cause of your popping but check that clutch shaft pilot. Those stupid needle bearings are notorious for galling and grooving the pilot. When you install the bushing put a wee little dab of heavy grease in behind the bushing. A little goes a long way,too much and it works out of the bushing and slings grease on your clutch disc.