Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Speak of the devils!

The GM #25770739 bulb sourced locally is a Vosla 28008 9011 / HIR1, made in Germany.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

and just to clarify.....

the reason that bulb works, even with the base modification necessary to install it, is because the globe, filament and measurements are EXACTLY the same as the 9005 bulb......correct?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
and just to clarify.....

the reason that bulb works, even with the base modification necessary to install it, is because the globe, filament and measurements are EXACTLY the same as the 9005 bulb......correct?

The globe really has no bearing, but the filament location is exactly the same as the 9005.

Base diameter and everything else is the same.

This is the reason the HIR is literally a drop in after a couple minute modification.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The idea of an HIR low beam still freaks me out a little considering the lack of a painted glare cap (and the fact that I have non-diffused headlight housings), but I would definitely be interested in seeing the results of switching the high beams to HIR. As long as you use your brights responsibly there's absolutely no chance of irritating traffic like that.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Thanks Bill, I'll be getting a new harness but I don't know if it will be from Dan Stern or the guy on here you got yours from. Does anybody know the difference between the two ? I want a plug-n-play. NO splicing if that's possible.

then it'll be one from gmachinz....

Mr Stern's stuff is just dandy, you just have to supply your own wire and build it........at least that's how it used to be. i've heard a whisper or two that he does supply complete plug and play, but you'd have to contact him about it either way.....you could buy things "through" him from Amazon, he get's a cut from Amazon by using his reference, and i would have done that had i not bought my stuff before getting in touch with him........his e-mail links were dead but i managed to track him down....he wasn't aware of that either, then he fixed his website.

gmachinz has already told me he'll make me another harness when i figure out exactly what i want and how i want it to work. i'm staying with him from now on.

all my "new" lights that i have yet to install will be tested with the harness that came with the KC kit.....it's really not horrible, but i want top shelf stuff in my truck....i'l just connect the end leads to each set and aim them for testing.......i could then use it to power the rear LEDS, it'll support the power requirements for those no problem, just need to extend the leads out back is all.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
The idea of an HIR low beam still freaks me out a little considering the lack of a painted glare cap (and the fact that I have non-diffused headlight housings), but I would definitely be interested in seeing the results of switching the high beams to HIR. As long as you use your brights responsibly there's absolutely no chance of irritating traffic like that.

i would only use that in the high position.....beside the base, the female plug is different than a "low bulb"......some people put it in the lows, but i sure wouldn't without a glare cap in the lens.....for the exact reason you stated......i learned that on Harleys a long time ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf