Center Dome Light and Cargo Light Don't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iDog

Reaction score
I took apart the drive side trim and found the white wire. There is continuity between the wire by the parking brake and all the way to were the dome fixture attaches. So guessing no wire break?

Could it be the light switch itself? Looks pretty yucky

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
It can still be a break, just not between the brake and rear... Since you have working dome lights under the dash, that leads me to thinking it's not the switch. Follow that white wire as far as you can, it has to be off somewhere...

iDog

Reaction score
It can still be a break, just not between the brake and rear... Since you have working dome lights under the dash, that leads me to thinking it's not the switch. Follow that white wire as far as you can, it has to be off somewhere...
Follow up into the dash more you mean?

iDog

Reaction score
Update on this

Couldn’t figure it out - so ran a short wire from the white wire to the under dash light ground on the driver side. Since I knew that light worked correctly I figured I could splice the grounds.

I did and now it works as intended on both doors and the headlight switch.

For the cargo light, I saw another post about making the switch control manually by splicing the ground wire to one of the black wires (there are two in the harness, 4 wires total) this fixed my ground issue and now my cargo light switch works like a toggle, independent from the cargo light