Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
damn this thread moves fast!! take a 2 week hiatus and theres too much to catch up on! LOL

Still loving these lights you guys suggested for low beams. Hate that they are halogen but they do have a good pattern and literally illuminate WAY on down the road through these glass spyders. Still havent gotten high beams yet, have had money going elsewhere and havent really really needed them anyways.

I did set up my beams the usual way, 25ft out XX amount high (measured from ground to the center of the lens, and set up what appeared to be correct left/right... but driving it REALLY looks like my lights are crossing about 50 yards out, Think I am gonna adjust a tad tonight after dark.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
damn this thread moves fast!! take a 2 week hiatus and theres too much to catch up on! LOL

Still loving these lights you guys suggested for low beams. Hate that they are halogen but they do have a good pattern and literally illuminate WAY on down the road through these glass spyders. Still havent gotten high beams yet, have had money going elsewhere and havent really really needed them anyways.

I did set up my beams the usual way, 25ft out XX amount high (measured from ground to the center of the lens, and set up what appeared to be correct left/right... but driving it REALLY looks like my lights are crossing about 50 yards out, Think I am gonna adjust a tad tonight after dark.

wow....i didn't even see this till now.......my job has me all kinda fukked up....physically, mentally, emotionally and even spiritually. i hope everyone is well.

crossed SVT? interesting.....i'd like to know more about that or SEE what that looks like. i see optical (d)illusions all the time....i see myself calm and living in the mountains too.....LOL.

we all seem to agree for the high beam bulb go with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9QPKS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the bulb you'll get doesn't look like the picture and it's a Vosla made in Germany.....best upgrade from stock in my opinion....interesting thing is the Philips XtremeVision +100% bulbs i replaced were probably 90% as good on high beam......the Philips are indeed THAT good to put out almost as much light at around 700 lumens less......but from a stock bulb, go with the HIR1.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i had a crossthreaded lug on the Jetta right after i got it and had new tires put on it. maybe they all go to the same school for morons. i was able to chase the threads, get a used lug, so it works okay if you're careful.
my brakes on the 93 are starting to make a sound also. need to diagnose.

if the fronts are shot i'd recommend the EBC slotted and DIMPLED rotors with their "green" pads.....i was impressed.

the picture is wrong (how odd, right?)....but this was the best price i found at the time

http://www.ultrarev.com/EBC-S4KF1447-Signature-Brake-Kit-Front-Stage-4.html

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
if the fronts are shot i'd recommend the EBC slotted and DIMPLED rotors with their "green" pads.....i was impressed.

the picture is wrong (how odd, right?)....but this was the best price i found at the time

http://www.ultrarev.com/EBC-S4KF1447-Signature-Brake-Kit-Front-Stage-4.html
unfortunately these are for a 2500 and won't fit mine. the other ones i searched were big brake kits and i can't afford 500.00 for them.
Bill, you need to check in more often. if work is ruining your life, take off a few weeks and pay me a visit. we've had 70* days with 10% humidity lately.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
unfortunately these are for a 2500 and won't fit mine. the other ones i searched were big brake kits and i can't afford 500.00 for them.
Bill, you need to check in more often. if work is ruining your life, take off a few weeks and pay me a visit. we've had 70* days with 10% humidity lately.

well...the fact is i'm CHOOSING to let it **** with me.....as noble my reasons are, for my friends and co-workers i'm suffering......i have sent an e-mail to the manager upstate that's offered me a job twice. i need to get my ducks in a row as i've learned that decisions made with a stressed and angry head don't garner me the most positive results.......don't get me wrong, i WILL just walk, but i want to insure the least impact for my friends there.......loyalty sucks sometimes, but i won't compromise my convictions for anyone or anything. at the end of the day i have to live in my own skin.

Texas baby.......

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i got a response from him around 4....told me he has a job for me if i'd just leave the city.

i texted him that i'll meet him Wednesday morning to talk in person.......it's a 4 1/2 hour ride, i'm leaving Tuesday night, crash at brother Shack's place and head west from Utica in the morning.....hope my back holds out.......new frontiers.

sorry deej......may have to hold that though for a minute.....i've been working on this move since before meeting my meeting my wife in '09.....getting with her fukked up all my plans......****** love ****.

it's time to fish.......or cut bait.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i got a response from him around 4....told me he has a job for me if i'd just leave the city.

i texted him that i'll meet him Wednesday morning to talk in person.......it's a 4 1/2 hour ride, i'm leaving Tuesday night, crash at brother Shack's place and head west from Utica in the morning.....hope my back holds out.......new frontiers.

sorry deej......may have to hold that though for a minute.....i've been working on this move since before meeting my meeting my wife in '09.....getting with her fukked up all my plans......****** love ****.

it's time to fish.......or cut bait.

Good luck with the meeting Bill, hope you get everything figured out! Have a nice ride!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
when i came home from my last bid in '08 i rebuilt my shovel to go on an extended cross country ride to see where i wanted to live.....the week after i put the new plate on her i met Terri......thought it was gonna be a short thing then i'd leave.......i didn't leave till November last........

i've hated this city since the '90's....tis why i moved out in '94......coming back in '01 was for "temporary" work......yea....so i've been saying.

i'm a Confederate mountain man at heart.....raised in Brooklyn

i feel like a caged and prodded wolf in this place......time to let my wolf free, i have the keys to the cage too.

thanks for the thoughts, for real.......glad this interweb thing is world wide.

tomorrow me and Omar are riding up to Phil's place, 'bout 1 1/2 hours north of me......they're both on the razor's edge of quitting too......birds of a feather and all.....gonna tell them tomorrow......torn up i am for real.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
no probs. think the move will do ya good from the sound of it.

no doubt.....

when i talked to him last, i told him i'd like to work 8 months a year, taking a seasonal layoff in the winter, he liked that idea too. up north that way has some brutal winters, Harley's stay home most of the snow season. dealerships get very slow and most shops have a hard time keeping people paid through it........the stealership i'm at offers voluntary layoffs to most "non essential" folks, some take them up on it.....like i did for my surgery.

that would mean i'd be free to roam......funny thing is my 'ol lady was taking Texas as one place to consider when she retires in 2 1/2 years.....she likes Houston. i think there's a school for the deaf there she mentioned could teach at, i don't remember though. she'll have 29 years teaching the deaf for the NYC Board of Ed..........we said that WE'D do the trip to find a place after she retired......dead dream there now.

thank God for the Blues........keeps me warm