Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got an interesting tool (ok toy) it measures the amperage AC or DC and was interested in finding out how many amps my lights draw. As with most tools like this you only need to check one line to get it to measure. Even though the discriminating eye may see two wires, one is for the low beam and one is for the high bean. Since I haven't done the mod for 4 high I can have it over both wires, remembering one wire is for high and one low.

Also this test was done with the engine off.

This is my low beam, Philips 9006 VisionPlus +60

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the Philips 9011 HIR Standard Halogen Replacement Headlight Bulb
You must be registered for see images attach

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty Cool,... though it'd be interesting to watch AvE do an episode on that thing.... save for the fact that its not taking on any real load, that big "CE" always gives me some concerns about accuracy...

Yeah, I hear you there Shovelbill! Doesnt matter whare you go, every place has its idiots, drama, and general bumfuckery that drives one mad. Glad to hear you have good workmates that you can rely on.

Been occupied with a ton of things going on and my Son has been sick, ...almost non-stop since February... got past 1 bug, only to get whacked by another 2 weeks later ...and that cycle has continued straight through until last Thursday... He only just turned 2 at the beginning of April... Between my job, Mommy being a Teacher, and the handful of kids at Daycare also being sick.. uhg.. made for a lot of sick days this winter.

Progress is slow... um, actually, more like coasting slowly in neutral. Did a little work on the truck last week because the front brakes started to hit the squeel tabs and 3 days later, maybe 25 miles of easy driving and heard/felt that aweful metal on metal grind... NAPA pads too. Kinda surprised me how quick they went from "Hey Man!" to "Fix Me *****!"... rotor damage was very minimal and one half of the driver's pad was right to the metal, almost no pad material left elsewhere. That wasnt the headache though. Did the passenger side in less than 15 minutes. Driver's Side = FAWQ! Apparently, the Town Fair Fool who did my last free tire rotation cross-threaded one lug. Seems like he tried to un-fuckerize it, couldnt back it off, so he then just rammed it home and called it good. I got all the lugs loose but one was a bit tighter than normal until I got it half off and realized it started going ****-eyed on the stud and then locked in. Couldnt get it past it so out came the breaker bar and all 230 lbs of me standing on it... twisted it right the fk off... Called Town Fool and got,
"Well Sir, there really is no way to know if it was our fault and since you broke it off, we are not responsible for the resulting damage..."

Alas, those hubs are not long for this world anyway... 5 lugs are good enough for now... snow is gone, Im not towing, or driving long distances, so the hell with it. Still debating on whether I want to do the GMT800 knuckle & brake swap or go hydroboost... or both LOL. Also thinking about adding some auxillery LED reverse lights under the tow bar... and tying them into my stock cargo light switch somehow.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Pretty Cool,... though it'd be interesting to watch AvE do an episode on that thing.... save for the fact that its not taking on any real load, that big "CE" always gives me some concerns about accuracy...

Yeah, I hear you there Shovelbill! Doesnt matter whare you go, every place has its idiots, drama, and general bumfuckery that drives one mad. Glad to hear you have good workmates that you can rely on.

Been occupied with a ton of things going on and my Son has been sick, ...almost non-stop since February... got past 1 bug, only to get whacked by another 2 weeks later ...and that cycle has continued straight through until last Thursday... He only just turned 2 at the beginning of April... Between my job, Mommy being a Teacher, and the handful of kids at Daycare also being sick.. uhg.. made for a lot of sick days this winter.

Progress is slow... um, actually, more like coasting slowly in neutral. Did a little work on the truck last week because the front brakes started to hit the squeel tabs and 3 days later, maybe 25 miles of easy driving and heard/felt that aweful metal on metal grind... NAPA pads too. Kinda surprised me how quick they went from "Hey Man!" to "Fix Me *****!"... rotor damage was very minimal and one half of the driver's pad was right to the metal, almost no pad material left elsewhere. That wasnt the headache though. Did the passenger side in less than 15 minutes. Driver's Side = FAWQ! Apparently, the Town Fair Fool who did my last free tire rotation cross-threaded one lug. Seems like he tried to un-fuckerize it, couldnt back it off, so he then just rammed it home and called it good. I got all the lugs loose but one was a bit tighter than normal until I got it half off and realized it started going ****-eyed on the stud and then locked in. Couldnt get it past it so out came the breaker bar and all 230 lbs of me standing on it... twisted it right the fk off... Called Town Fool and got,
"Well Sir, there really is no way to know if it was our fault and since you broke it off, we are not responsible for the resulting damage..."

Alas, those hubs are not long for this world anyway... 5 lugs are good enough for now... snow is gone, Im not towing, or driving long distances, so the hell with it. Still debating on whether I want to do the GMT800 knuckle & brake swap or go hydroboost... or both LOL. Also thinking about adding some auxillery LED reverse lights under the tow bar... and tying them into my stock cargo light switch somehow.

tis why i enjoyed working by meownself.........it just seems every Harley stealership is the same circus, different clowns.....almost exactly.....at least today will start off well. i woke up on this side of the dirt nd it sunny...60*. perfect.

sorry to hear about your son...i know how that goes....my ol' lady is a teacher of the deaf for the NYC Board of Ed....27 years.....they work in giant petri dishes......LOL, but not funny.

i got new hubs, steering stabilizer and shocks for mine.....now i need time to get it done.......workin 6 days is kickin what's left of the **** outta me. at least i'm still upright......stupid Omar wanted to get of the house, so he rode over and we changed the oil in his sled, then got to ride side by side again for a bit the other night....he may come back to work sooner than later, he's stir crazy now, but his bones are mending.....we'd sure welcome the extra hands, but not at the cost of his healing.

use a wrist rocket to insert that lug-nut into that moron's forehead......may help........i don't believe i've ever done that. ****** air guns.

give your kid some honey 3X/day....works wonders for that crap

stay strong

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i had a crossthreaded lug on the Jetta right after i got it and had new tires put on it. maybe they all go to the same school for morons. i was able to chase the threads, get a used lug, so it works okay if you're careful.
my brakes on the 93 are starting to make a sound also. need to diagnose.