Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's real good to hear....makes me want to have a day off or tree too......i don't consider my first day off recovering from the week a relaxing day....and my second day off is running around doing **** that needs doing....like just coming back from my pain management doctor....i love this guy....he just shakes his head every get back on the bike.....and is impressed how well i'm doing.

i shouldn't be doing this good......but my x-rays tell a different story.
Glad to hear your doing so good. Just in time for GOOD riding season.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
again...this is semi-temporary....i want to change the battery terminals and i need the proper connector for the end of the 10G positive wire for the entire harness.
You must be registered for see images attach

i wanted the fuse next next to the relays, but it will be cleaner this way because the positive will have a clean short run riht to the battery positive.

i left the length till i'm sure what i want to do

Shovebill, I was talking with my son about the difference in the size of the air box on your truck and mine, and he ask me what year is your truck? I told him I don't know, so if you wouldn't mind, what year is your truck? That way I could do some looking to see if I could find one, maybe even at a 'salvage yard'. If I could make one like yours fit in my truck I could have some room to do something around the battery instead of scraping and skinning fingers. I found this on page number 36, Thanks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shovebill, I was talking with my son about the difference in the size of the air box on your truck and mine, and he ask me what year is your truck? I told him I don't know, so if you wouldn't mind, what year is your truck? That way I could do some looking to see if I could find one, maybe even at a 'salvage yard'. If I could make one like yours fit in my truck I could have some room to do something around the battery instead of scraping and skinning fingers. I found this on page number 36, Thanks.

I'm sure Bill will clarify at some point, but that looks like an aftermarket intake kit made by Volant. Probably the best aftermarket intake on the market for these trucks, and the only one I'm aware of that uses a sealed box that draws from the fender hole like the factory setup does.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure Bill will clarify at some point, but that looks like an aftermarket intake kit made by Volant. Probably the best aftermarket intake on the market for these trucks, and the only one I'm aware of that uses a sealed box that draws from the fender hole like the factory setup does.

Looked at it on Amazon, it got mixed reviews, mostly about the seller, but a couple of later reviews raved about it. But the odd thing is, I went to their web site first, they don't list one for my year of truck, 1998 GMC Sierra, either side but I didn't see a listing for my 98, That I find weird...

https://www.amazon.com/Volant-15057...a+cold+air+intake&refinements=p_85:2470955011

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious if it was a direct mount where the original one was or as I suspect did it require some mods to be done to make it fit?

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Off topic, sort of, it does have to do with lights but not on a vehicle that is meant to go down the road. We saw this and thought it should be brighter than what was originally there, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZPP0Y6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 So we mounted it tonight and turned it on and after we got back in the house realized it is a spot, and not a flood light. IF it works, not that we plan on using it much after dark, it should be brighter that what was being used to light things up. If it dies after little use, OH WELL, it was an experiment.

Original

After

And this it what it looks like from the seat, didn't take a picture of it from the front, duh.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Off topic, sort of, it does have to do with lights but not on a vehicle that is meant to go down the road. We saw this and thought it should be brighter than what was originally there, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZPP0Y6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 So we mounted it tonight and turned it on and after we got back in the house realized it is a spot, and not a flood light. IF it works, not that we plan on using it much after dark, it should be brighter that what was being used to light things up. If it dies after little use, OH WELL, it was an experiment.

Original

After

And this it what it looks like from the seat, didn't take a picture of it from the front, duh.

quite the long range spot light.......i doubt you'll be able to outrun than light, LOL.......i'd guess a diffused flood would work better for that application.