Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
so i got a old pair in need of restoration for the "buy it now" price of $39.95......i was more curious about them than anything and messaged the gent about the shape of the reflector.....he had the since '82 n a few cars and was going to re-use them yet again until he didn't have a vehicle with this size headlight....were forgotten on his shelf for 20+ years.....i want to do a "semi-restoration" on them and put on a bike.......one is good to go with some minor cleaning.

You must be registered for see images attach

first time i saw a French H4

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
the airport 35 looks snazzy. was there a reason for the name?

i really don't know why they're called that.....i do know the 135 was the same light only with a chrome body and bezel....they shared all 4 lenses.......and are the "sister" lamps to the Marchal 750 and 759....the 750's were used on fox body stangs from '79-'86....with a slightly different shaped lense.....all of em are interchangeable.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
so....smart me decides to lean up the loose lens...see how bad the road pitting is......and the black "C" paint inside just slid off.....LOL, gotta paint that back on somehow......and with 0000 steel wool these lenses should be quite serviceable. i'm glad i found them and glad i didn't pay $300 for em too....that's what a pair of NOS one's go for.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
so....smart me decides to lean up the loose lens...see how bad the road pitting is......and the black "C" paint inside just slid off.....LOL, gotta paint that back on somehow......and with 0000 steel wool these lenses should be quite serviceable. i'm glad i found them and glad i didn't pay $300 for em too....that's what a pair of NOS one's go for.

No paint that I am aware of is going to be 'kind' to the reflector, when it off-gasses. Maybe hit up Dan Stern to see if there is something he can recommend?

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
No paint that I am aware of is going to be 'kind' to the reflector, when it off-gasses. Maybe hit up Dan Stern to see if there is something he can recommend?

yea...i wasn't sure what would work....i can't believe how it just fell to little pieces and floated off.....the other lamp's seal seems to have good integrity, i'll know a little better when i clean up the outside......very curious as to the beam pattern, i've read that the low beam is closer to the z-beam than anything while maintaining some of the "upward" illumination for the road signage.....i haven't run into any beam shots yet.

hmmm....z-beams

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i know it's not the CSR lamps....but for the 7" size this is it........i was hearing some holy grail soundtrack in my head while opening the box......fear not, i know i'm sick in the head.......:help: