Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's why you need to take before and install pics. i have some i will post when i get mine on.
i dont feel like running a loomed harness 4 ft needs install pics personally. I spent 10 minutes building the harness with plugs doing all my soldering and probably 3 minutes running the wire around the radiator and into the back of the light. another 3 minutes connecting it to my battery terminals and I was done. If i'm taking pics of an install its to document actual labor, i could've done all this sitting on the toilet.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i dont feel like running a loomed harness 4 ft needs install pics personally. I spent 10 minutes building the harness with plugs doing all my soldering and probably 3 minutes running the wire around the radiator and into the back of the light. another 3 minutes connecting it to my battery terminals and I was done. If i'm taking pics of an install its to document actual labor, i could've done all this sitting on the toilet.

hmmm.....

i seem to recall you coming on here and asking a question or three and getting answers from folks without fanfare....i'm sure some people thought your queries rather fundamental and basic, but answers you got none-the-less.

there's folks at home following along that don't ask questions for their own reasons.....perhaps they feel embarrassed to ask things that seem mundane.....some folks are shy.

****, or photographs help people SEE what can be done and make things easier to understand.....we like pictures....and they may inspire some to do the same.

apparently from your lofty perspective it wasn't necessary....that's fine. after all...not everyone can build and install a harness whilst takin a ****.......so i feel umbrigde from your dismissive response.

taking the time to type that post was ****** stupid in my opinion......we've gone 168 pages without any bullshit, so do us a favor and refrain from posting unless it's something positive.....or just stay the fu@ck outta this thread.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i wish cardboard boxes were worth something.....more showed up.

these Cibie Airport 35's are getting kinda hard to find...especially brand new one's....and amber driving lights more so.....i was in the right place at the right time.

You must be registered for see images attach

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

the top and bottom of the reflector is "painted" to not reflect light up or down....just straight out ahead of you......i have no idea why photobag flipped all the pictures....sorry

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
the next weirdo find.....
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/image/118911286
https://books.google.com/books?id=_...AH#v=onepage&q=cibie bobi sealed beam&f=false

the BOBi....this was Cibie's answer to the sealed beam requirement for vehicles in America back in the '70's. DOT compliant by ingenious design....because it IS sealed completely with an H4 bulb inserted from the exterior inside the concave glass balloon......the fluting is gorgeous and intricate.....from what i've read it was "light" years ahead of anything offered in this country that was legal for road use.