Spider injection upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be afraid if my 98 got better mileage, already 20 consistently, 22 and change last fill-up

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

How in the heck are you getting those numbers?

Sent from my piece of crap iPhone using Tapatalk

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Do the lower intake as well using the fel pro problem solver.

I know this thread is about 2 months old, but id rather continue off this one rather then start a new one for people to search.

What problem does felpro solve on the Lower Intake? Is it a better gasket?

Between Delphi and ACDelco Upgrade which one is better?

I have to do this, My Injectors are bad, slight stutter driving on freeway, and the requirement of spraying starting fluid in the intake to get my truck to start after sitting for 8 plus hours, But no check engine light.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
That does point to the injector spider. I have seen one do this before. I have not upgraded mine yet, but yes, the felpro lower gaskets are metal with rubber "o-rings" (for lack of a better term) molded on them instead of the plastic gaskets.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the old & the new.The upgrade is way more efficient at getting the right amount of fuel to the combustion chamber.BTW that round shiny looking thing is the fuel pressure regulator.

Random question.

Is the Fuel Pressure regulator adjustable or replaceable?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
That does point to the injector spider. I have seen one do this before. I have not upgraded mine yet, but yes, the felpro lower gaskets are metal with rubber "o-rings" (for lack of a better term) molded on them instead of the plastic gaskets.

I looked that up on you tube, those original gaskets look horrible.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Digging up this old thread again. My truck has about 150k miles. I am not having any trouble with the factory poppet spider, but was curious about any possible gas mileage increases from swapping out to the upgraded unit. A single mpg increase would pay for for the new unit pretty quickly.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everyone who has done the spider upgrade will have mpg increases. It will depend on your driving style, gears, etc.

Sent from my piece of crap iPhone using Tapatalk

SIC4

Reaction score
I'm have intake manifold gasket leak so going to be fixing that. My truck runs awesome otherwise has 104,000 miles on it now wondering if this is worth doing while intake is off?
1997 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 ECSB

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This look like the right upgrade for the spider injection system

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2