Getting rid of spider injection! Curiosity????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone thanks for the assistance with the P1345 cam code and distributor issue.
Now I'm currently inquiring about my real project which is to upgrade and left shoulder this spider injection and plastic intake.
What has evryone done?
Tips, pointers, links, advisement are all welcome!
Any input is more than welcome!

Attachments

• 20231119_001357.jpg
    20231119_001357.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 7
  • received_339303678742929.jpeg
    received_339303678742929.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 7

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
if you have the cpi/scpi popet spider you can upgrade to the mpfi spider another option is the marine intake that has individual injectors you can slap on a carb intake for vortec heads and do a stand alone 4 barrel efi system or an after market mpfi system for vortec heads

Reaction score
if you have the cpi/scpi popet spider you can upgrade to the mpfi spider another option is the marine intake that has individual injectors you can slap on a carb intake for vortec heads and do a stand alone 4 barrel efi system or an after market mpfi system for vortec heads
I'd like to to go carburated, I know more about it. Plus no computer and injector issues to deal with.
I looked at the marine intake.
And looked into th EFI and decided I'd rather not put that much into it. Carburetor sound much easier!

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any input is more than welcome!

What's the reason for wanting to $h!tcan the existing EFI / intake? Did you install too much engine for the existing EFI to handle?

:popcorn:

I for one appreciate the operability / drivability / tunability / reliability offered by the stock EFI system, as well as the deep knowledge base on how to maintain it. Then there's the swap to the 0411 ECU, which offers improvements over stock (and which I haven't done, but I know it's out there).

I can see a carb having it's place, but if you've already got a functioning EFI and there's no necessity to change to a carb (e.g., "too much engine")...

Heck, even if your EFI's not functioning, the route to repair it is well paved and all the 'abilities it offers are retained.

I've got an Edelbrock / AFB on my Camaro and too often I have to clean out the idle air bleeds or remove the growth of bacteria (or some sort of greenish yuck) that takes up residence in the fuel bowls.

Last edited:

99xcss4

Reaction score
even if you do a carb swap you will need to keep the pcm to control the transmission or get a stand alone control unit for it if you truck is an automatic or swap a manual in or swap in a non electronic automatic transmission in

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even if you do a carb swap you will need to keep the pcm to control the transmission or get a stand alone control unit for it if you truck is an automatic or swap a manual in or swap in a non electronic automatic transmission in

This ^^^ and whatever other functions the ECU controls, e.g., AC.

The fun never stops.

But if it's what you want to do, then do it :waytogo:

Last edited:

99xcss4

Reaction score
and if you do not have the money for a transmission swap or a stand alone control unit you will be doing some thing like what this guy did
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media