Getting rid of spider injection! Curiosity????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of tuning?
Correct injector data. Mine ran lean until I corrected the injector data and it felt weaker than stock because of it. I used injector data from a 2008 Express 4.3L factory tune I downloaded off the HP Tuners repository to correct my tune. Flow rates, minimum pulsewidth, injector offset, etc is all different. 2008 4.3L had the upgrade spider from GM and thus the tune had all the correct values to paste into my existing tune.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct injector data. I used injector data from a 2008 Express 4.3L factory tune I downloaded off the HP Tuners repository to correct my tune. Flow rates, minimum pulsewidth, injector offset, etc is all different.

Do you happen to know if those are posted anywhere on GMT400?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After I corrected the injector data when I still had the OE engine and the 0411 swap, fueling was dang near perfect and that L31 would knock a hole in the wind and run. Then I used a wideband to lean out the overly rich PE and changed the timing curve substantially. The 350 grenaded a well built 4L65E after that. Gained like 40 ft/lbs of torque at the crank re-tuning the stock L31. Stock PE settings were in the low 10s afr wise with the catalyst overheat protection active. Small dip in RPM was the TCC lockup applying in 3rd gear.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you happen to know if those are posted anywhere on GMT400?
Found it, knew I posted it somewhere. This was data I pulled out of a 2010 tune for that thread, but the data itself is the same as the 2008 tune I used years ago.