Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp guys it's about time I did this. I thought build threads were just for when trucks were under heavy construction like SAS, bagged, whatever but I know I get annoying posting new threads everytime something changes, like I fill up the tank. This way all of my updates can be kept in here and you can check as you please and not have to deal with new threads all the time.

Here's my truck ab 5 years ago after the lift was put on...I need to find pictures when it was stock! You wouldn't know it was the same truck. Anyway here's some pics and this thread will be updated this weekend once my Realift and double shock hoop with Rancho 9000xl and 5000's are all installed. The most recent thing I did was the NBS painted bumper and painted tow mirrors. Anyway, onto picz
Right after lift with hideous chrome rocker panels :puke:
You must be registered for see images attach

I think this was just after painted corners

Soon to be double Rancho's in these wheel wells :evillol: This was when I made up some gap guards (there is no BL but still had somewhat of a gap)

Brushguard removed

Realift is going to look killer

Painted axle up a couple years back

Finally removed the hideous rockers

Painted bed caps

I miss the bumper being chrome, but not that much :evillol:

New exhaust done this spring true duals all the way back out to 3.5" tips. LOVE it.

Painted front and rear bumpers with truck liner

Rear. They came out alright but not good enough. This rear just got replaced with prof painted nbs rear and I'm about to buy a smoothie for the front painted.

Cousin and his new work truck right quick! I was proud of him. He's always talked the fords up something special.

My landscaping setup right after I bought the new mower all on a 5x12 trailer

As you can see it all matches up with my red/black truck theme pretty well too. It def turns heads while were out workin.

Painted tie rod joists. I got bored.

Been working on the interior got it all painted up and just installed this backup camera. Here's the monitor mounted up in the overhead console. It's in layed with black diamond plate.

Love it.

Installing NBS bumper. Not one of my more favorite mods. Alot of you know how much trouble she gave me but I've got her very close to perfect now. Will be making final adjustments Friday.

NBS vs OBS a look @ difference in brackets.

NBS bumper on and very close.

Most up to date picture of the truck. My front bumper is not crooked. The molding is just popped off on that corner and we still have to wetsand the mirrors and bumper.

Up next: This friday realift and double shock setup (4) Rancho 5000's up front and (2) Rancho 9000xl's out back, pics should be up saturday or sunday in here.

I'm willing to give my original (4) Dick cepek shocks to anyone on this forum that needs them FREE. You pay shipping. If you know anyone who wants, or more importantly, NEEDS these they are here and in great condition. My truck rides excellent.

I'm unsure where else to go with my truck from here.

Only plans are:
Painted smoothie front bumper
1.5-2" body lift maybe
LED tails
Exhaust dumped, angled, and tucked up where spare used to be

If anyone has ideas or suggestions on cool mods, please let me know! I'm going to try and get pictures of the truck when I first got it, they are epic.

Thank you for viewing my build thread, and check back this weekend for the new mods.

Griffin

NAST96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did you get that NBS overhead console to work? i got one just like it but cant figure out how to make it work because the lights and cubby stick out further than the outer part of the console. ANy pics of install? Did you cut into your headliner?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm confused what you mean because this isn't a NBS overhead console...it's for the gmt400's...and yes I just measure a million times and cut in the headliner and the tabs were there. The real ***** is the 1 screw that goes in the front. It's hard as hell to get it threaded.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Truck looks badass cept the damn mirrors I guess ya hate em or love em lol I cant really see anything I would change or do that you havent got covered. Deff wanna my fav 4x4s on here.

Word on that screw in the front its a *****

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow still looks good but IMO was much better with the push bar(which I want one for mine) and the chrome rocker trim on it. I have the rockers on mine love em.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I wish I had some before pics of my truck but I don't. I had those ugly metal mirrors then up dated them to the 96 style. Man I could make a huge list but no pics lol

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys kill me with that crap, what wal-mart racing junk he had a freakin push bar, lights, and chrome trim on the bottom I'd like to see that at wal-mart cuz they don't have it. Lights yea, chrome rocker trim or push bars NO.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys kill me with that crap, what wal-mart racing junk he had a freakin push bar, lights, and chrome trim on the bottom I'd like to see that at wal-mart cuz they don't have it. Lights yea, chrome rocker trim or push bars NO.

Hahah man they don't mean literally but they just mean it's about a good of an idea as all that bullshit stick on chrome you buy @ walmart for people who want blingy little things on their car but don't want to spend over $10 for it. It's all crap IMO anything that "steel" or "chrome" and especially if it "sticks on"...:puke: My truck is clearly better without the rockers they were god awful however the pushbar was veryyy cool! I loved that thing but eventually realized I like the simple painted grille look alot more. That pushbar was hiding it, plus my simple little HID mod is 100000x brighter than those pro comp fog lights ever were.

Adam, I'd love to see some befores of your truck. I bet I know exactly what it looked like too.