Looking for performance tuner in Northern Calif., or Southern Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MorrisOnTheGo

Reaction score
As the thread title says, I'm looking for someone who can help tune and further modify my 1997 GMC K1500 truck. I've recently purchased a rebuilt 5.7L/350cu.in engine with a stroker crankshaft, giving me 383cu.in displacement, and the engine builder added aluminum aftermarket heads (I'll need to get the exact specs for the heads from the receipt, or the builder), but the shop I used to install the engine does not have the experience and knowledge to complete the modifications needed to reach my goals of approx. 400 HP and 450ft.lbs. Torque for low rpm towing and every day driving. I'm ready to begin purchasing parts to replace the stock exhaust and intake systems, and possibly the PCM/ECM and what ever else I need to reach my goals. I'm having the 4L60e transmission checked out locally to make sure it is in good condition, prior to making any further performance modifications. I've already replaced the suspension components and done the brakes, added a trailer brake controller, and replaced the dash piece allowing a full size double din radio to be installed. I'm willing to travel up to 250 miles from Mt. Shasta, to find the right shop or mechanic, but hoping to find someone closer. This is a long term project, and I plan on keeping this truck for the long haul. I want to use it for towing 5,000lb to 6,500lb camping trailer all over North America over the next 10+/- years. I will consider turbocharging, if that is a good option to reach my goals.