So... I did it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn! That's awesome. I would love to have a 5speed. I don't know how much I can trust this 4l80E. Ha ha

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a '96 gmc with the 6.5, similar to my current truck. My current truck is the 7.4 and its a beast, way more power thenmy 6.5. The 5 speed is nice, I won't go auto again however the 4 l80e is a pretty tough tranny.

My truck is somewhat odd, 5 speed, power everything and leather

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a '96 gmc with the 6.5, similar to my current truck. My current truck is the 7.4 and its a beast, way more power thenmy 6.5. The 5 speed is nice, I won't go auto again however the 4 l80e is a pretty tough tranny.

My truck is somewhat odd, 5 speed, power everything and leather
That is strange. Did it come factory with the 5 speed? And possibly it was a special order that the customer wanted

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Imagine the feeling seeing it rollover 240,000 :bawl:
Ha ha. I'm just happy to know these things will run that long. I just was excited to have a gmt400 that only had 5 numbers on the clock. Even if it was only for a few weeks. Looks like I'll be spending more time behind the wheel of this old girl, than anybody before. I'll definitely rack up more than 6000 miles a year, once summer hits, and my girl and I spend a bunch of time in the mountains, and going on trips.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Ha ha. I'm just happy to know these things will run that long. I just was excited to have a gmt400 that only had 5 numbers on the clock. Even if it was only for a few weeks. Looks like I'll be spending more time behind the wheel of this old girl, than anybody before. I'll definitely rack up more than 6000 miles a year, once summer hits, and my girl and I spend a bunch of time in the mountains, and going on trips.

Mine's still chugging along with a worn out old 350; so I imagine you'll be kicking ass with a barely broken in 454!
I'm still extremely jealous because you have my dream truck!
My Suburban had a hard life before I got it, it went from being owned from new by an elderly couple, to a family who pulled a camper down to the Outer Banks every summer, and about 90% of it is still original, aside from the driver's side Balljoint, and pitman arm.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine's still chugging along with a worn out old 350; so I imagine you'll be kicking ass with a barely broken in 454!
I'm still extremely jealous because you have my dream truck!
My Suburban had a hard life before I got it, it went from being owned from new by an elderly couple, to a family who pulled a camper down to the Outer Banks every summer, and about 90% of it is still original, aside from the driver's side Balljoint, and pitman arm.
Thanks, man. I never realized it until I got it, but apparently it's my dream truck too. Ha ha. Fell in love with it immediately. Maybe it's just me, but having a big block brings a certain kind of pride with it. It's the first BBC I've had. I had an Olds 442 with a 455 when I was younger. And a 68 bird with a 350 that Pontiac considered to be a big block. But this is my first actual chevy big block. I'm excited to build the exhaust, to see what it can sound like. It's got a magnaflow 3 inch already, but it's a big body muffler, and doesn't produce enough noise for me. I don't imagine I'll be lifting it, or doing anything too crazy with it. But I'm happy with my new toy.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I've got an overhead console that I bought awhile agi, for the yukon, but never got around to installing it. I'm curious if this truck will have the holes under the headliner already to install it on, like the yukon does?