Skee needs some help with an SAS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
and the bars to the front as well (not sure what they're called... They go from the middle of the truck to the back of the LCA)

I believe the bars you are refering to are called kicker bars or something like that.

Torsion bars go into the lca's

Kicker bars go into a mount on the rear lca bracket in the middle of it..

Edit: I just saw the picture pointing out which bar. Those are the torsion bars.. the shorter ones you see behind those are the kicker bars/braces.

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Torsion bars go into the lca's

Kicker bars go into a mount on the rear lca bracket in the middle of it..

Edit: I just saw the picture pointing out which bar. Those are the torsion bars.. the shorter ones you see behind those are the kicker bars/braces.

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

Yup. It's like a friggin jungle gym under my truck right now. You better believe when I go through a field, I mow a path through.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
But back to the DOM. What diameter will I need? And where is the best place to get it? On Ballistic I believe I can get it already tapped for the heims and joints.

you really need to get everything else under it first then you will have measurements available to order what you need, at this point it would be a rough guess and could be way off.

ballistic, thurenfab(don thuren), danny gaston at dodgeoffroad(built a nice sas for his brothers gmt400 http://www.djgaston.com/clint/ ), shakerbuilt or bulletproof steering should all be able to make what you need

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Thanks. I was just trying to find out how much it would cost to get a length of it and cut it myself. I just didnt know what diameter and schedule of DOM I should get, or what everyone else was using.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is it really? I wondered myself about how much and where is the cheapest to get some dom, and then tube nuts or whatever to run either TRE's or heims in those same tube nuts, and how cheap that'd be compared to buying the kits they sell which are like $125 or so.

I tell ya I'm a newb and I get lost, but I'm glad there are several of you guys on here with SAS already done or have done it yourself and are willing to help newb's and answer questions.