Skee needs some help with an SAS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Haha alright guys calm down. I haven't even made the decision to drop them yet. And am still months away from even turning the key on this thing again, let alone a wrench. But when I do I will let everyone know. I should get home end of Mayish maybe early June. Then I have two weeks R&R and two weeks leave. Then the fun begins. Trust me, those two weeks of R&R I will be getting all the parts together.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Okay. Idk if you caught the part that this isn't happening til I get back from deployment next summer at the latest. But my whole lift will be up for grabs. I would like to sell it as a whole when I do, but we will see what happens.

Thats fine for me. What lift is it you have the Pro Comp 6"? Depending on what you are looking to get for it i may be interested in the entire thing. Logistics may be interesting but im sure we can figure something out when the time comes.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I'm sure I could ship it cheap due to the fact I am Civil Engineering Supply and Logistics for the Air Force haha and I would let it go cheap probably just to ease the sting of the SAS cost. But yes it is a full 6" ProComp. Drops the diff and all control arms, along with the trac bars in the rear with 4 extra shocks and the bars to the front as well (not sure what they're called... They go from the middle of the truck to the back of the LCA)

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I'm sure I could ship it cheap due to the fact I am Civil Engineering Supply and Logistics for the Air Force haha and I would let it go cheap probably just to ease the sting of the SAS cost. But yes it is a full 6" ProComp. Drops the diff and all control arms, along with the trac bars in the rear with 4 extra shocks and the bars to the front as well (not sure what they're called... They go from the middle of the truck to the back of the LCA)

I believe the bars you are refering to are called kicker bars or something like that. I will def keep tabs on your progress! When the time comes hopefully your old kit will live on in my '94 Diesel.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Hopefully! I love the setup now, it gets alot of comments. I just want the SAS since IFS is garbage when it comes to Alaskan roads, let alone trails haha and lord only knows where I will be going after this duty station!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Hopefully! I love the setup now, it gets alot of comments. I just want the SAS since IFS is garbage when it comes to Alaskan roads, let alone trails haha and lord only knows where I will be going after this duty station!

I bet it gets a fair number of comments! One thing i like about the RCX and Pro Comp lifts is that they use stock knuckles allowing me to run stock rims with them. That will ease the bite when it comes to getting better sized meats for the Diesel once its lifted. Another thing is that both kits can be set up as a 4" lift as well.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yup. I will let the whole thing go for pretty cheap after I get mine sitting on the SAS. I'm going to build the axle and get ALL the parts before I tear into it because I don't have a garage if my own. I live in a dorm on base so I will be renting a bay and paying for help. I want to get it back on the road again as soon as possible.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yup. I will let the whole thing go for pretty cheap after I get mine sitting on the SAS. I'm going to build the axle and get ALL the parts before I tear into it because I don't have a garage if my own. I live in a dorm on base so I will be renting a bay and paying for help. I want to get it back on the road again as soon as possible.

Def a good solid plan of attack there. I plan on doing simlar when it comes to making the transition from stock to lifted height with the Diesel. What i may wind up doing for awhile is as said set it up as a 4" lift and rock some reasonably priced 33s on my stock Sawblades for a bit then eventually move up to 35" IROKs and reconfigure to 6"

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. My truck will be like Frankenstein for a while probably. Not pretty with mismatched wheels and different hub patterns and probably crappy tires til I switch to all 8 lug and sell my wheels/tires. I haven't decided what wheels and tires to go with yet.